Commisso stays on top after the Rock (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1] ROCKINGHAM, NC (APRIL 26) - R2B2 Racing Pro Mod driver Raymond Commisso kept his position as points leader after a second-round exit in this weekend's IHRA Nitro Jam Spring Nationals at Rockingham Dragway.

Commisso qualified 11th on the strength of his last qualifying attempt at 6.146/235.27, and faced Scotty Cannon in the first round of eliminations. The two left the line at almost the same time, and Commisso ran his quickest lap of the weekend to take out Cannon, 6.006/238.72 to 13.587/60.81.

Round two paired the Canadian restaurateur with the incredibly consistent Tim Tindle, and early tire shake gave Tindle the win, 6.009/234.13 to Commisso's coasting 18.239/42.58.

"It was really a tough weekend because we just couldn't get a handle on our setup and keep things going," Commisso said.

"Al [Billes, crew chief] was working on the engine setup, and this outing turned into more of a test session for us instead of a competitive event.

"I'm happy that we were able to stay on top in points, but I know we'll really have to turn things around in order to keep competitive in the series. Like I said, we were testing a lot of different combinations with our engine, and I'm confident that we have a car that can put the numbers on the board, so we'll be just fine in the long run," he said.

Commisso and the R2B2 Racing team will take a break from IHRA competition because of schedule conflicts and will return to action July 3-5 when the series visits his homeland in Edmonton, Alberta for the River Cree Rocky Mountain Nationals.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back