Commisso lands 11th heading into Eliminations at the Rock (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]ROCKINGHAM, NC (APRIL 25) - R2B2 Racing Pro Mod driver Raymond Commisso saved his best run for last in his ProCare Rx '67 Camaro, qualifying No. 11 in the IHRA Nitro Jam Spring Nationals at Rockingham Dragway.

After struggling to get down the track in his first three attempts, Commisso piloted his Al Billes-tuned car to an 11th-best 6.146/235.27 in the final round of qualifying.

Commisso, the current points leader, said that while some fans were worried they wouldn't get into the show, he knew there was a bigger plan.

"The drama really wasn't what it seemed. Al knew we had the car to make the numbers, and we were just using the laps to get our engine setup ironed out," Commisso explained.

"Sometimes I get superstitious about things, and I don't like heading into the last round not qualified, but Al kept telling me that we were just fine. We ran a solid number, and we're racing on Sunday - which was our plan all along," he said. " I just have to separate things,
and once I do, I'm good to go.”

"I get into the car every round, and do my job - and leave the rest up to Al and the team, and I know we have an incredible team - so there's not a whole lot to worry about. Now, we just get ready for Sunday," he said.

Commisso is paired with Scotty Cannon in the first round of eliminations, scheduled for 11 a.m. Sunday morning.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back