Commisso takes his ‘A game’ to IHRA and The Rock (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]ROCKINGHAM, NC (APRIL 23) -- R2B2 Racing Pro Mod driver Raymond Commisso is on a roll and is looking to stay on top of the points-list this weekend at the IHRA Nitro Jam Spring Nationals at Rockingham Dragway. Commisso won the first event of the season at Baton Rouge and currently leads in championship points.

"I'm very excited to be racing in IHRA this season, and coming to The Rock is like visiting history because of the awesome racing here. This track is legend, period - and to get to race here is fantastic," Commisso said. “My first IHRA race was here in 2002, and I love coming to this track.”

Riding high from his victory at the first event, Commisso said he knows consistency will be important in continuing his success.

"Al [Billes, crew chief] has really been working hard to keep our car steady, and he just keeps getting it quicker and quicker - so this weekend will be a great test of just how all of our efforts pay off. We had a huge blast in Houston at the NHRA race where we went 5.88, and if the conditions are right here this weekend, we might see some similar results. A lot depends on the weather and the track, but if everything cooperates, we definitely have the horsepower to click off some really fast laps," he said.

Weather forecasts call for sunny skies with temperatures in the high 80's and humidity near 50 percent.

"Overall, though, we really want to put on a great race for the fans and keep improving our team. I can't thank [team owner] Roger Burgess enough for all his support and for this opportunity, and I hope we can bring home another Iron Man this weekend for his trophy wall," Commisso added.

SCHEDULE:
Friday, April 24:
Professional qualifying (Q-1 and Q-2) at 3:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.

Saturday, April 25:
Professional qualifying (Q-3) at 3:00 p.m.
"Night of Fire" professional qualifying (Q-4) at 6:30 p.m.

Professional eliminations 11:00 a.m., 12 noon, 2:00 p.m. Final Round: 4:00 p.m.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back