Commisso makes early exit but celebrates victory with teammate in Madison (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]MADISON, Ill. (May 3, 2009) - R2B2 Racing driver Raymond Commisso suffered a disappointing end to his day in the Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge at the O'Reilly NHRA Midwest Nationals when his '67 Camaro broke before staging in the first round of eliminations.

As the Toronto-native prepared to face off against fellow Canadian Kenny Lang, an oil filter burst, spewing oil on the track and ending his day.

"I'm disappointed about the way things worked out with my car this weekend, but I am extremely happy for my teammate Roger Burgess," Commisso said. "When everything comes down to a small five-dollar part, it's frustrating.

"We're a team, and my finish doesn't really matter. The way I am looking at it - we won. I do, however, want to get my car running better so I can go more rounds on Sundays," he added.

Up next for the R2B2 Racing team is the Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge at the NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals May 15-17 in Bristol, Tenn.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back