College Football Question. (1 Viewer)

Bullard Anderson

Nitro Member
Fellow Maters:

If the college coach of your favorite team was 1-6 all-time vs. his "hated" rival, and staring 1-7 dead in the face in 2008, and making $1.5 mil per, would you be irrate? And would the locals be ready to ax him?

That's where I'm at. Al Groh (UVA) 1-6 vs. VaTech and going to Lane Stadium in 2008.

Here in Gold Country, we hired a buffoon to run the Univ of Minnesota football team. The hiring was met with basically a yawn. The season was a disaster, 1-12. We fired Glen Mason for this? The Gopher football team is a not a big-time program, it is a big-time joke. I empathize with ya Steve.

Those nasty, ugly, freaky Buckeyes fired the GREAT Cooper because he couldn't beat Michigan :D

I'm a University of Washington alumnus. I've been angry since they fired Don James more than a decade ago. Don't even get me started on Rick Neuheisel. I'm trying to give Tyrone Willingham one more season but three losing seasons in a row plus the losses in the Apple Cup to Washington State (though not as bad as the 1-6 record noted above) are painful since the Huskies have pretty much dominated the series winning it 64 times in its 108-year history (there have been six ties over the years, as well).

Oh, well, they beat Boise State on my birthday last year at Husky Stadium. Sigh. They didn't win again after that for like two months. Waaah!

Texas A&M has stuck with Coach Fran for some reason. I thought it was a bad hire in the first place. I wish they would get rid of him.

Guys it bugs the heck out of me. If it's not too much trouble, could some of you with big rivalries PM your teams record vs. your big rival over the last 5 or 7 years.

:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back