Collections (1 Viewer)

I had a huge collection of Diamond P tapes when I was kid. Ditched them all when I moved out. Almost everything (and more!) is uploaded onto YouTube. It is pretty awesome. The only tape that isn't is "The Kings of the sport". I loved watching that one as a kid. I have a pretty good collection of funny car diecasts that I started collecting about two years ago.

Any NHRA Today episodes from 1991 by chance?

It's a Pulde shirt FWIW...

I'm looking to off all these...PM me...not shipping them...

983786_827652503965902_4673304123191442730_n.jpg

10676356_827652540632565_2719950118952203294_n.jpg

1236844_827652570632562_7194883196266393813_n.jpg

10622756_827652520632567_7578546970881405144_n.jpg

10653460_827652497299236_1759798464577483423_n.jpg

I had piles of National Dragster from the early '80s and '90s plus Hot Rod, Car Craft, Super Stock & Drag Illustrated, Popular Hot Rodding, etc. from the early '70s.... Left it all behind when I moved across country - which I regret now. I do still have my NHRA rulebooks from 1969 to present, hundreds of hero cards dating back to 1973, and a fairly epic collection of racing decals. And my complete Pro Set drag racing trading cards from the early 1990s :cool:

I don't have any. But if you go on YouTube and lookup NHRA today 1991 you'll find a ton. It's great.

Thanks! It is a lengthy process to capture all them from VHS and edit and upload them. I was trying to do all the national event broadcasts first, there are still a lot of NHRA Today's to come.

I have a tub full of VHS tapes I made while watching Diamond P in the early to mid 90's. There is the weekly NHRA Today shows and the Drag race,and in some cases the Nascar race of the same day. If anyone is needing a particular episode or race let me know I'll see if I can find it. The only one I won't part with is March 1992. :) Tucgary

I digitized all my VHS tapes from Diamond P from 1985-1992 including NHRA Today and specials to Youtube. I still have all of my National Dragsters from 1985 to 2009. I'm starting to scan those to PDF as I have the ones since 2011 in PDF. I'm looking for NDs from before 1985 and from 2009-2011 to complete my collection. If anyone has those issues that they would like to get rid of or let me borrow, I would be appreciative. Please email me.

Steve, I watch your videos on YouTube all the time. Thanks for uploading them!

I”ve been getting ND since late 2015 and already have a big collection. I would love to look thur and see some of the old ones.

Have about a hundred various drag diecasts that I collected over several years and keep displayed on a couple of custon racks on a wall.

Have a bunch of old dragsters from the late seventies up thru the early 2000's. Have literally thousands of old Hot Rod, Car Craft, Pop Rod, SS&DI, and various other car mags from the fifties up to current years. Even have a few of the old pocket sized books from the early fifties. Being in the old parts business, I am bad about not getting rid of anything. Got to digging thru some stuff a few nights ago and found a program from the 63 Nationals at Indy. In 35 years of doing swap meets I acquired tons of magazines---they are usually cheaper when you buy the whole box LOL!!!! One of the neatest buys I ever made was at the Pate Swap Meet in Texas a few years ago. Some guys from North Carolina had bought a bunch of old race programs from NASCAR. Several boxes of them dating back into the late forties. I have several programs from Bowman Grey Stadium that listed one Ralph Earnhardt on the entry list. Lots of programs from the late sixties and early seventies. Pretty cool old ads in them too. I started a few years ago taking old magazines with torn covers and such and taking the muscle car and speed parts ads out of them and putting them in plastic covers in a binder. Makes a neat book to look through. Sad thing about it is when I am gone, nobody in my family wants any of it. Most of it will probably end up in the dumpster. Wife came in the shop one day and looked around and said "Don't you dare die and leave me stuck with all this sh*t". Guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.
this is screwing everything up

I have some books, VHS tapes (all store bought, I got rid of taped from TV stuff some time ago), DVD's, some t-shirts (How about the Birkey Bunch T/F), but most important to me, most of the photos I took at the drags from 1960's to 1990's. Lions, San Fernando, Irwindale, OCIR are the early ones, and Tucson & Firebird since 1981, when I moved to Arizona. Couple other treasures are autographs from Don Garlits, Don Prudhomme, and my special treasure, The Greek, from Seattle in 1990. As someone mentioned earlier, when I croak, it will probably all go into the trash. I wish I knew of a place that would want these things. Oh yeah, I have a Don Garlits lite jacket, yellow in color, from sometime in the 1970's. Never wear it, it's just a "can't throw this away" thing. Oh, also some re-pro decals I got from Jim Hill years ago. Lions Drag Strip & San Fernando, I think.

(How about the Birkey Bunch T/F)
Cliff -
The birky bunch are the last NTF team I worked with. Not because they were killers, because the team had been together for 30 years and it just felt like home. We had a blast and made some noise with that big block chevy. Arnold is still tuning in the a/fuel ranks for Jerry Kumre Jr.

You mentioned Dennis Baca in another thread whom I worked for. He ran a blue car as well as the black cars. He didn't call his car the carpetbagger just because of his business, it was because the man is hung like a sea turtle and in the 70's he uh', bagged alot of carpet. It was one of those double conundrum ratchets. David is in the L.A. area but I lost contact with him and what he is up to.

Kosky - take a nap
this is screwing everything up - lol
you sound just like my dad

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Ray. I know about Jerry Kumre from videos & have probably seen him at Wild Horse for the heritage race. Glad Arnold is still involved.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back