Chinese stuff (1 Viewer)

If this is true it will catch up with us sooner or later. these engines are not cheap to fix. I heard that there are only two foundries for aluminum rods and they are in the US.

Any forging house can forge an aluminum rod. Wiseco could do it if they got into the rod business as they have forging presses in house.

It's nice to able to walk around at Crower and see all the Rocker arms, Clutches, Cams, Crankshafts, Rods, Retainers, Pushrods and Locks being designed, modeled, machined, packaged and shipped, all from their massive manufacturing facility in San Diego.
Never any worries when you open a Crower package, who made it and where.

AMEN! Crower is one of the only places I know of that can say that all their stuff is made by them! BME as well. Bryant, PPP, winberg, and a few others. So many have gone with cheaper lines that are offshore stuff, or just outsourced almost their whole lines.
Even some of the standards. I have heard terrible rumors about ARP getting fasteners made from other sources. I hope it is not true . . .:(

AMEN! Crower is one of the only places I know of that can say that all their stuff is made by them! BME as well. Bryant, PPP, winberg, and a few others. So many have gone with cheaper lines that are offshore stuff, or just outsourced almost their whole lines.
Even some of the standards. I have heard terrible rumors about ARP getting fasteners made from other sources. I hope it is not true . . .:(

Hadn't heard that. They do make a big deal about doing everything in house.

Jay

Hadn't heard that. They do make a big deal about doing everything in house.
I do know that they have complete thread rolling, heat treating and plating in house, so I couldn't imagine them farming any of their stuff out.

Jay

It's nice to able to walk around at Crower and see all the Rocker arms, Clutches, Cams, Crankshafts, Rods, Retainers, Pushrods and Locks being designed, modeled, machined, packaged and shipped, all from their massive manufacturing facility in San Diego.
Never any worries when you open a Crower package, who made it and where.

Mike do you work there?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back