Male Drivers - Females Drivers (1 Viewer)

Kati

Nitro Member
OK....need your opinion.

I was just playin' around on some different track websites...and came across one who was promoting their '07 banquet. They are asking for folks to vote (track members only of course) on quite a few different categories for awards to be given out.

Now....here's the only thing on their list to vote on that bothered me.

MALE Crew Chief
FEMALE Crew Chief

....and then the track would deceide who would get "Driver of the Year" and "Female Driver of the Year". :confused: (that's exactly how it is listed)

Why separate them? Did they race separate throughout the year? No...certainly not. So I understand the thought behind maybe wanting to give out more awards....so why not give out ones for the different classes...(Box, No Box....whatever)...and NOT separate the sexes. To me............and well....maybe it's JUST me....but that feels so 30 years ago.

When I race...I don't give a.........what "it" is in the other lane....and most other racers don't either.

Just kinda bugs me.........

I'm not sure that is something that I would want to win. Drop the male/female thing........if someone kicked booty.....they should driver of the year...period no matter what's under the firesuit! :p

OK....fire away....... ;)

OK....need your opinion.

Drop the male/female thing........if someone kicked booty.....they should driver of the year...period no matter what's under the firesuit! :p

Ask for my opinion, and ye shall receive!

I think the whole gender thing is a carry-over from the 1960s... :rolleyes:

Today, most people don't care who is in the other lane.

I personally do not care if I am given tuning/engine building/driving/etc advice from a man or a woman as long as they know what they are talking about.

I think it is a stupid way for the media/promoters/etc to generate controversy, thinking that controversy sells.

Duh... This isn't NASCAR folks... :D

EDB

OK....need your opinion.

I was just playin' around on some different track websites...and came across one who was promoting their '07 banquet. They are asking for folks to vote (track members only of course) on quite a few different categories for awards to be given out.

MALE Crew Chief
FEMALE Crew Chief

....and then the track would deceide who would get "Driver of the Year" and "Female Driver of the Year". :confused: (that's exactly how it is listed)

Why separate them? Did they race separate throughout the year? No...certainly not. So I understand the thought behind maybe wanting to give out more awards....so why not give out ones for the different classes...(Box, No Box....whatever)...and NOT separate the sexes. To me............and well....maybe it's JUST me....but that feels so 30 years ago.

When I race...I don't give a.........what "it" is in the other lane....and most other racers don't either.

I'm not sure that is something that I would want to win. Drop the male/female thing........if someone kicked booty.....they should driver of the year...period no matter what's under the firesuit! :p

Or whats NOT under the firesuit!:eek:

I always go back to the quote I heard Melanie Troxel say......

I don't want to be the fastest FEMALE driver. I want to be the fastest DRIVER!

:)

I've always been of the belief, that it doesn't matter what the gender, skin color, race, religious preferance, or anything else that a driver posesses...they are all equal, have equal rules, rights, and should be treated the same. That classification is a JOKE...BEST "FEMALE" DRIVER??? Give me a break!! I am a gentleman, but I won't let a FEMALE STAGE 1st just because she's a lady, or let her take the stripe or anything else. WHen I race....i'm racing a Mechanical car...not the driver in the other lane. When we get out and shake hands after....it's just another competitor...not someone special!

The car doesn't know the difference...

The only argument that could be made is look at the differences at what it took for each to make it to that same point. And even that argument is weak now-a-days.

Its one thing to be proud of what you are, but I agree... I want to be the fastest driver, PERIOD.

OK....need your opinion.

MALE Crew Chief
FEMALE Crew Chief

I agree. Giving females their own category seems to suggest that someone thinks they need it.

I don't believe in promoting anyone based on their gender or ethnic background anymore than I believe in discriminating based on the same thing. I think it IS discriminating. I'm amazed that the same society that would highlight you for putting someone down based on ethnic background turns a blind eye while many people walk around promoting themselves based on the same thing. I don't see being born as something as an achievement.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back