An Observation..... (1 Viewer)

Ray..What were you doing up so damn early, bro? Ya completely treed me on your Mendy comments- you know I would have been tootin her horn here too... If Oakley is looking for a press MONSTER, Mendy is about to blow up like a Wayne Dupey tuneup!! :D

Press and photo ready (and no, I won't comment on the tight lil butt comment!!:eek: ), all the skills to drive a top notch flopper (she still reminds me of Shirley from the Mustang B.H. days), and someone that has really EARNED her shot...

Not to mention she and Ashley would be a hoot on camera together!!

Scott
The Black car was her TAD that she ran a national e.t. record with on her second pass... :D Not shy at all...

The S/C car was Red, and was the fastest street legal car at the time, thanks to her shoe...

You may also remember she rode that thing on it's roof threw the lights at Seattle as well... SSSSHHHH...

Ray..What were you doing up so damn early, bro? Ya completely treed me on your Mendy comments- you know I would have been tootin her horn here too... If Oakley is looking for a press MONSTER, Mendy is about to blow up like a Wayne Dupey tuneup!!

Press and photo ready (and no, I won't comment on the tight lil butt comment!!, all the skills to drive a top notch flopper (she still reminds me of Shirley from the Mustang B.H. days), and someone that has really EARNED her shot...

Not to mention she and Ashley would be a hoot on camera together!!
You snooze, you lose... :D
Great post by the way... :cool:
Back to sanding, nothing to see here... :)
Tight little butt photos in firesuits later however... :D

Guy, that was funny as hell... I'll email you some pics of Mrs.Palmer when I find time...

I saw Mendy for the first time up in Boise last year and she can drive just as good as the rest of them. Also good with the fans... (Photos courtesy Jason Ellis @ Dragmonkey.com -- Drag racing photography)
6fjo9y9.jpg

Shes on the far left, where all the kids are...:D
4p4ej60.jpg

As for other candidates, I seem to remember Rhonda Hartman driving an alky flopper in CIFCA and whatever happened to Rachelle Splatt? I know she went back home to oz and started a family but wasn't she talking about coming back to fuel racing?

Rachelle still races TF in Oz (infrequently).

Mark.

We ran Super Gas with Mendy in Pomona (when she ran the roadster in the late 80's?) many moons ago.... The roadster, the alky dragster, the jr fuel car, and the nitro car, she can drive! She would do very well in Funny Car.

Last edited:
interesting thread, thanks for sharing Mr Joe.

Funny about this thread, I just got off the phone less than 2 hours ago with a team owner (name with held on purpose, so please don't ask) that I begin training in his NFC car beginning this summer to earn my license.

Kind of cool that I logged on here and saw this. Not that I'm going to go for the job, simply because there is much to do before that time would come. With that however, I do aspire to become a great driver and participate collaboratively to really grow the sport, men & women. Those kinds of goals have to come in time, and not as fly by night unrealistic expectation.

I just found the timing of this thread interesting and thought I would post.

I was told that Oakley is looking for a female driver to fill the Gary Scelzi ride. And as Happy as I am for the female's who are out there, and the opportunities afforded them. It seems the Men are slowly getting pushed out! Have Male driver's become unmarketable? I just hope the montra "Male drivers (without sponsors) need not apply!" Doesn't become the face of this sport...:confused:

Looking? I don't think so! I heard that this was a done deal before season started. But . . . I've been wrong before.

interesting thread, thanks for sharing Mr Joe.

Funny about this thread, I just got off the phone less than 2 hours ago with a team owner (name with held on purpose, so please don't ask) that I begin training in his NFC car beginning this summer to earn my license.

Kind of cool that I logged on here and saw this. Not that I'm going to go for the job, simply because there is much to do before that time would come. With that however, I do aspire to become a great driver and participate collaboratively to really grow the sport, men & women. Those kinds of goals have to come in time, and not as fly by night unrealistic expectation.

I just found the timing of this thread interesting and thought I would post.
This is why I hope you go as far as you want in this sport, Nancy. You're committed..loyal..and would do any sponsor proud. This is obvious.

Would be great to see the Nancy & Mendy show..hehe :cool:

Someone has said it before -- it's all a business.
Ashley Force will sell more Castrol oil than her dad will. I love John Force, and I think he's one of the best things that has ever happened to the NHRA, but if you statistically look at who is buying oil (on a majority), it is men. Would men rather buy oil with a picture of a 50something man on it who's won 14 championships, or a 24 year old young lady? Go figure.

Yes I think that Ashley will sell a lot of Castrol too... I buy Castrol anyway mostly because they're sponsoring our track. I wouldn't buy it on the strength of who's on the bottle - while I'd like to buy it FROM Ashley, I'd probably put more stock in a product endorsed by a 14-time champion. But given the Force's apparent connections to O, what are the odds of Oakley coming over to the JFR as a title sponsor?

I'm not saying ALL women will sell better than men. Personally, I'd like to see Phil Burkhart in the seat of Oakley's FC. He deserves another shot and he's a great personality and one heck of a driver. That being said, Jim Jannard, Oakley and Don Schumacher has to look at who will sell more Sunglasses: Phil Burkhart (my choice), or a 20 year old supermodel. Those decisions weigh heavily on who takes the seat and who gets the pink slip turning them down. (or something like that.)

How about Burkhart stepping into the (soon to be) vacant Scelzi seat at DSR and finding a new sponsor (Mopar would be nice, but Chrysler's pretty much toast) to replace Oakley? Burkhart seems to be a personable chap who could do all the sponsor appearances, and is a good driver to boot.

With all due respect, its not like people are out there "throwing" money at inadequate women just because they are female. And for how long have women been passed up "just because" and not taken as seriously?

Remember boys, the car doesn't know the difference.

First of all, there are a LOT of talented drivers out there who I'm sure would love to get that call from Don Shumacher...I'm a little biased here, knowing and working side by side with Phil Burkart on a regular basis, He is without a doubt one of the most talented, caring, unassuming persons that I know...I'm sure that Phil would and probably is (hopefully) someone that is on a very short list of possible drivers...I'll go out on a limb here and say that I am also quite sure that Mr. Schumacher is very aware of Phils availability...

Last edited:
Remember boys, the car doesn't know the difference.
I really think it can depending on the scent of airfreshener, type of seat covers, and what is hanging from the rearview mirror, not to mention how many pairs of shoes are in the backseat for ballast of course... :D

Sorry Erica, jokin... :eek:

BTW- Mendy Fry- Sean Bellemeur- Marty Nothstein- Erica Ortiz- :D

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back