Chama and the Cumbres & Toltec Pics (1 Viewer)

Jenn

Nitro Member
I'm a relatively new picture snapper with my rebel but my boyfriend and I went to Chama to ride the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic RailRoad. We took a coach from Chama to Antonito and rode the train back to Chama. We stopped for lunch in a place called Osier and crossed the New Mexico/Colorado border 11 times.

MoparJenn : photos : Trip to Chama - powered by SmugMug

Nice photos - I always wanted to take that ride, never got around to it. Must be beautiful this time of year up there.

Great photos Jenn. Looks like beautiful spots... all in NM?

New Mexico and Colorado. If we were in New Mexico, we were in Carson National Forest and if we were in CO, we were in Rio Grande National Forest.

National Forests don't cross state lines they said.

Jenn I clicked on your link, but it said the gallery was empty! So I clicked on MoparJenn and I got your gallery page. I think your learnin that Canon pretty good! So how long is the trip?

Last edited:
Jenn I clicked on your link, but it said the gallery was empty! So I clicked on MoparJenn and I got your gallery page. I think your learnin that Canon pretty good! So how long is the trip?

Thanks!!!
Time wise we left from Chama to Antonito on the bus at 8:30, got to Antonito at about 9:45, left Antonito back to Chama on the train at 10: 00 and got back to Chama at 4:00. Of course we stopped in Osier to eat too. The train ride was 65 miles long at a top speed of 12.5 miles.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back