Scenic Colorado! (1 Viewer)

In the summertime that is truly God's country. In the wintertime it's for skiing only then a quick return to the Valley to thaw out. Thanks for sharing Joey!

Joe,

Remember that trip, and next time try to add a day or two to head north out of Silverton. Take 550 over Red Mountain pass down into Ouray (pronounced U Ray), then follow it to Ridgeway, and take a left and drive up to Telluride. In the 43 years I've lived in Colorado, I've explored most of the state. Red Mountain pass and Telluride are at the top of my list for jaw-dropping scenery, and I've been to quite a few places that don't have paved highways - places that you need a lifted 4-by-4 or a dirt bike to access.

That whole trip from Durango to Ouray is absolutely spectacular on a motorcycle. I have crossed the rockies sevaeral times on a bike and it never gets boring.

I'm trying to get up a fishing trip to the San Juan's but I can't camp out of a Corvette and my friend from Phoenix with a camper has a nice cabin already in the mountains thank you.
Don't worry I have a host of unwary NM friends to bribe, cajole and harass!
I will get my trip and no I will not pull a trailer either.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back