Caquest Event Thoughts (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
Fun stuff! . . . some very interesting races and quick times considering the weather. Crowd was good, but not great, lots of families. Saw no evidence of overindulging fans, which has been a big problem at this event in the past. Have to question why there was a 2 1/2 hour gap between rounds 1 and 2, with no Comp or Alky racing, it got pretty quiet. Also, only 7 sportsman finals in the 1 1/4 hours between pro semis and finals. Assume NHRA and Fox are still feeling this out, its not a great experience for fans at the track.
I've been to every race here, and GRIC PD finally seems to have traffic control figured out - I was home 30 minutes after end of race. Overall, a very well run event with some pleasing surprise winners.

Watched what I thought was overall a very good show, a bit long before the finals, but I really enjoyed it. . On TV the crowd looked very strong, like Pomona a bit thinner by the finals, but not surprising with a long wait. Seems like things are moving in the right direction as far as the new TV package.

Thoughts...

Everybody loves when Tim Wilkerson wins, that was great.

A new winner in top fuel was great, no matter which way it went.

AJ has to be sick of seeing the Monster scoreboard come up running quicker without a win light being on. That's gonna get old real quick.

JFR has their FC stuff running really well. Big improvement. Their 60 foot game is an A+, but might have bit Robert and Courtney in the semis.

Run of the event was Jeff Diehl's 4.03 in my book.

KB Pro Stocks are on point. Their 0-330' is killer.

Wondering if Elite Motorsports bit off more than they can chew with 4 cars, 2 being Dodges. On the other hand, if they stumble on something with one of them, maybe they can apply it to them all.

My first thought was the DSR team needs to figure out their tune-up on tracks with temperature. Both races this year we have had warm track conditions on race day and they seem to be a tick off in the consistency department from what we saw last year. If it's warm out I think JFR is the team to beat in FC and Kalitta is looking strong in TF. However, we all know it's all about how you finish the year, what happens now really doesn't matter as long as you are in the top 10 in points come Indy. Paul's right about the Monster car, 2 races and 2 holeshot losses, the driver needs to step up. Alan isn't used to the driver being the weak link.

I was annoyed on Sunday. Needed a wrist band to get in my section (P2) but only if you went the back way by the staging lanes. If you went in by track side you could just walk in. Nobody even checked to see if you were supposed to be there. They had people checking tickets on Fri and Sat, why not on Sunday? I could have sat in the same place with GA ticket. Was nice having someone come through the stands picking up garbage ever couple hours.

I was annoyed on Sunday. Needed a wrist band to get in my section (P2) but only if you went the back way by the staging lanes. If you went in by track side you could just walk in. Nobody even checked to see if you were supposed to be there. They had people checking tickets on Fri and Sat, why not on Sunday? I could have sat in the same place with GA ticket. Was nice having someone come through the stands picking up garbage ever couple hours.
Gave up on buying reserved seats for exactly this reason. I thought they had it under better control this year. I've decided I like upper rows of GA at 1/8th mile - better sense of speed, less crowded and a bunch of old farts to bench race with - ;)

My first thought was the DSR team needs to figure out their tune-up on tracks with temperature. Both races this year we have had warm track conditions on race day and they seem to be a tick off in the consistency department from what we saw last year. If it's warm out I think JFR is the team to beat in FC and Kalitta is looking strong in TF. However, we all know it's all about how you finish the year, what happens now really doesn't matter as long as you are in the top 10 in points come Indy. Paul's right about the Monster car, 2 races and 2 holeshot losses, the driver needs to step up. Alan isn't used to the driver being the weak link.

To be fair, Brittany cut an 0.67 light in the finals, better than most drivers in TF cut all day. Leah however is crushing the rest of the guys. If you go back and look at the results, she had some of the best rt's in all rounds, including an 0.25 in the semis and .040's in round one and in the finals.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back