Capps on Wind Tunnel (1 Viewer)

David Kolenda

Nitro Member
I thought the interview was well done. Ron conducts himself very well when dealing with media. He did well in making the Whit question nothing more then a question asked that probably deserves no more time spent on it. I thought his response to "you got Force right where you want him" was very good. He might have him where he wants him, but he is smart enough to know that the road to the FC championship still goes thru JFRacing at the present time. Only wish was that the interview was longer. It's nice to see a class act getting some of the quality air time.

Ron's a very genuine, personable and articulate guy. It comes across in his interviews, I believe. :) It sounds to me like he's at the point where he just wants to race.....no drama.

I have bad timing, I only caught the last 20 seconds.

I did see him at 131 this past weekend. I was bummed after walking by him and saying hi, I realized it would have been perfect to get my daughters official brut brigae pic with him but didn't think about it in time lol

Hey Kel, was my imagination, or did his expression change a little when the first caller called him "Ronnie" ? I seem to recall he posted on the old Mater that he didn't care for that.

I have bad timing, I only caught the last 20 seconds.

I did see him at 131 this past weekend. I was bummed after walking by him and saying hi, I realized it would have been perfect to get my daughters official brut brigae pic with him but didn't think about it in time lol

Hopefully you can get it later this season. I can't wait to get my new one in Petersburg(Richmond).

lol....yep a little, Kel. ;)

I did notice an 'error' by Dave Despain. He mentioned how close a finish was that they had just showed between Ron and John. He said it was in Houston......he was wrong. The footage they showed had Thunder Valley on the tower.....clearly the win over John in Bristol. In Baytown/Houston Ron beat John in the semi's....and it wasn't that close. Ron had him the whole way. :D

lol....yep a little, Kel. ;)

I did notice an 'error' by Dave Despain. He mentioned how close a finish was that they had just showed between Ron and John. He said it was in Houston......he was wrong. The footage they showed had Thunder Valley on the tower.....clearly the win over John in Bristol. In Baytown/Houston Ron beat John in the semi's....and it wasn't that close. Ron had him the whole way. :D

Would you please quit bringing up these nightmares!!!

Would you please quit bringing up these nightmares!!!

Sorry, but we're gonna ride this train as long as we can. We've waited a long time for this season. I don't know about Kelly Holmes, but I started watching in 2002. At that time, things just seemed to going from bad to worse for Ron. I'm just happy to see another* nice guy finishing first. *(Wouldn't want anyone to think I'm implying that Force and Pedregon aren't nice guys.)

Hmmmm, I guess I've been a fan of Ron's since '99? If memory serves, that was the last year he was in the Copenhagen car. I just started following NHRA Drag Racing in '96.

And I'm with ya, Kel! This is fun! :D

Talk about a classy, super nice guy. We were at his pit in Seattle when he was getting ready for the final. They were all running around like crazy, getting eveything ready and Ron was no exception. Here he is super busy when he spots three little kids at the rope with pictures and a shirt. He was just about to hop in the car for the tune up and he stops, turns around and gave those kids the time they wanted for autographs. As a parent it just about choked me up. I mean what an awesome gesture! He could have blown them off and I am sure that their parents would have given them the "well hon he is really busy right now" excuse. That right there sealed the deal for me with Mr. Capps. Now a fan forever!

Columbus 2003 Before I met Ron. I was waiting to introduce myself.
It was terribly hot on Saturday. Cutest little guy near me at the ropes was waiting for Ron's autograph. His little sister was saying she was hot. Ron was working the line, getting close to them when she said that. He went back into the pit. I thought "Oh no. He didn't see this little guy or he's on a tight schedule." He came back out a minute later with bottled water for them. Man, I stood there trying not to cry. Won me right over. I would imagine that many of the drivers are that nice, but to actually see it meant the world to me. He's been my favorite ever since.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back