Cannonball Racing makes a statement @ E'town (1 Viewer)

(10-06-08)Lyman SC- Team owner Scotty Cannon didn’t even have the shakedown at E’Town event on his radar. “Over the last couple weeks some people called and talked to us about going up to Englishtown. People thought we had a good chance or running well and maybe reaching a different audience. I thought OK it will be a great place to test some things and mavbe bring home some cash.” Then we ran the fastest Outlaw Blown ET setting a new record 5.738 @ 252.71 in the ¼ mile. “I was blown away, by the numbers we were able to put up. I knew the car was fast, but we cut it loose this weekend.”

Like many teams the higher fuel prices and economic woes have made teams rethink which events to attend. Cannonball racing is without sponsorship, and have been seeking sponsors all year. “I know we do not have any chance of winning this years’ IHRA Championship so we are in test mode. The racing world has changed so much this year we want to show potential sponsors that we can run IHRA/NHRA legal, or we can run the outlaw circuit,” said Scotty Cannon. With 7 IHRA world Championships between Father and Son this team knows how to win races, they just need some sponsor help to get it done.

As of today, Cannonball Racing holds the official IHRA world ET and MPH record of 5.938 @ 242.63 as well as the quickest and fastest outlaw ET and MPH of 5.738 @ 252.71.

As far as pilot Scott Cannon Jr. is concerned, he just wants to race. “I sure would have liked to have won the event for Richard and Thomas Patterson, because we wouldn’t be racing without them,” said Scott Cannon Jr. “We have had a rough year, of money being tight and gas prices outrageous, and we are incredibly lucky to have the Patterson’s step up and help us race this year.” Overall it was a great weekend for the Cannonball Racing Team. “I need to thank everyone who helps us, It’s a group effort with this team, and I am grateful to have such a amazing group behind us.” said Scotty Cannon.

Also thanks to Dave Hance and the entire staff of Old Bridge Raceway Park for giving us a great event. The next event for Cannonball racing will be the season ending IHRA event at Rockingham Dragway October 17th and 18th.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back