Cannons among those on the sidelines for 09’ (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]February 9, 2009 Lyman SC- Just as many teams are, Scotty and Scott Cannon are parked and waiting at the eleventh hour for the start of the 2009 season. “In the past it seemed like we could get a deal at the last minute and could continue to race. I don’t ever remember the economy being this bad in all of my years of drag racing said Scotty Cannon.” The Cannonball Racing team will not appear at any events without sponsorship. “Years ago I had a lot of volunteer help and many of the tracks we raced were in the Carolinas and Tennessee. Now to be in the points hunt you pretty much have to commit to the whole season if you want to have a chance at the championship said Scotty Cannon.”

While Scotty and Scott Cannon would sure like to continue racing as the family business, they both realize they may have to seek jobs tuning or driving. “My Dad has supplied me with first class equipment and training and it would be a bummer for us not to race together. We can both drive and can both tune. But we both know we may not end up on the same team and we can accept that said Scott Cannon Jr.” Scotty Cannon also would like to race with his son by his side. “Our hopes are for a last minute deal, but if we can’t get one I will drive or tune or both. While I still have all of my equipment for an all out pursuit of the championship, I could just show up for a team with my computer and helmet said the elder Cannon.” The bottom line is the Cannons are entertaining any and all possibilities. Hopefully 2008 won’t be the last year for Cannonball Racing.

Attachments

• cannon08.jpg
    cannon08.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 537
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back