Statement From Scotty Cannon Racing (1 Viewer)

STATEMENT FROM SCOTTY CANNON RACING

Lyman, SC — April 14, 2008 — After the IHRA season opener in San Antonio, Scotty and Scott Cannon find themselves without sponsorship. Continued health issues with drag racing sponsor extraordinaire Evan Knoll have sidelined the team for the immediate future. The team will compete however at the IHRA Spring Nationals presented by Advance Auto Parts and Castrol GTX in Rockingham, North Carolina this weekend.

“We already have our cars ready and since Rockingham is so close to home we will still run this race. But you can bet your bottom dollar that after this event we will be parked until a new marketing partner is found or until TORCO Race Fuels resumes its sponsorship with our team. We have worked with Evan for a long time and hope to continue our business relationship. Our friendship will always be intact,” Scotty Cannon said.

At this point in the season Scotty Cannon Racing is considering all options. “While we hope to secure a marketing partner to run both cars, my son and I are also available to drive or crew chief another team that is looking to win a championship—whether it is in the IHRA, NHRA, ADRL or any sanctioning body for that matter,” Scotty Cannon said.

As far as current IHRA World Champ Scott Cannon Jr. goes, he just wants to be able to defend his title. “I really want to run my car this year and see where we end up. I have an active role in our team in that I can work on the car as well as drive it. We worked all winter long and had great testing success at Bobby Bennett’s CompetitionPlus.com Spring Open. We are ready to defend our title…we just need a marketing partner behind us,” Cannon Jr. said. Interested parties can call 803-646-9000 or email [email protected].

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back