Cannon’s ihra season ending win (1 Viewer)

(10-20-08)Lyman, SC- Scott Cannon Jr. loves Rockingham Dragway. “I consider Rockingham my home track. We live only about 125 miles from Rockingham. Most of our friends and family always attend the Rockingham event because it is so close to home” Cannon Jr. said. Scott Cannon should love Rockingham with his past performance there. He has had multiple final rounds and wins at the event there. Chalking up another one on Sunday was another high point for this team who has had it kind of rough this season. October started off fantastic with the performance of the Outlaw car running a carreer high for Cannon with a 5.73.

We have had a great October, with the performance at Shakedown at E’town, and we wanted to continue the momentum here in Rockingham. As fate would have it, Cannon would once again win the IHRA season ending World Finals. Since Friday’s qualifying for the Pro Modified category was a complete washout, Cannon had only two shots on Saturday to get his entry into the field. “We just didn’t have a good run in either of the qualifying sessions on Saturday. The team gave me a great racecar, but it just didn’t happen” said Cannon Jr.

Then as fate intervened word came that during the final qualifying session the 15th qualifier Mike Moran broke an axle, and was bowing out of the competition, which allowed the first alternate 17th qualifier Scott Cannon Jr. back in the field. Team owner Scotty Cannon was ecstatic. “I already told the boys to load up the trailer so we could head for home. I sure didn’t want to end this season by not qualifying, but thought our weekend was over. I was up at 4:30 AM preparing our tune up for Sunday’s eliminations” Scotty Cannon said.

“I wanted to give Richard and Thomas Patterson the best performance I could at the last IHRA event of the season” Cannon Jr. said adding “It was a long rollercoaster weekend for the team, and to cap it off with a win made it all worthwhile.”

Cannonball Racing will be running the record setting Patterson Superbird at this weekend’s ADRL event in Texas. For more information visit ScottyCannonRacing.com.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back