Cannonball Racing Striving To Start 08 In Championship Form (1 Viewer)

CANNONBALL RACING STRIVING TO START 08 IN CHAMPIONSHIP FORM
Scotty Cannon Sr. and Scott Cannon Jr. Testing in Valdosta

VALDOSTA, Ga (Mar. 10, 2008) – One of the worlds most successful Pro Modified pilots Scotty Cannon Sr. is stepping back into his doorslammer to team up with his son, Scott Cannon Jr for 2008. Scott Cannon Jr. is the reigning 2007 IHRA Pro Modified World Champion, and his own father plans on giving him serious competition for 2008.

Making a few laps down the 1320, Cannonball Racing is testing the water in preparation for the 2008 IHRA race season.

“We’re just working on it,” said Cannon Jr. “Last year we had a real fast car, but sometimes we didn’t make rounds on Sunday. We just want to get a consistent car. We already had a real fast car, but now we’re trying to fine tune it and make it a little better.”

With the added pressure of being a Championship team, Cannon Jr. went on to comment, “I there it kind of does [add some pressure], but there is always pressure out here. We just got to go out this year, be ready and qualify. We’ll just take it from there.”

Adding to the excitement of the team, Scotty Cannon Sr. is running along side of his son for 2008. Going back to his roots as one of the most successful Pro Mod drivers in history, Scotty Cannon Sr. is utilizing the test session to re-familiarizing himself in his Torco Racing Fuels Pro Mod. After some initial minor struggles, Cannon Sr. made it down the track Monday with an astounding 6.13.

“It’s just been a week, a week today, since we got the car out of the paint shop,” said Cannon Sr. “We just kind of got behind the eight ball; not making any excuses, but that was really the first full pass. It still shook real bad. It should have gone a 5.98. It shook all through the top part of low and into second. One good thing though, is I got the cobwebs out of my butt, so tomorrow should be a better day. We’ll go out there and let the clutch out on that old heap and see what she does.”

Cannon Sr. went on to comment, “They put 25 pounds on us. Basing everything off Scott’s car and the way we put everything in it, it’s definitely thrown us for a loop in the clutch department. But that is why we’re here and why we’re going to run the cars until we can figure out what to do with them. I’d like to see both cars run .90 something before they leave here. They were both safe, they were rich, and have plenty left and for once it’s a bright day.”

Despite the winter announcement of the withdraw of Torco Racing Fuels team entries, Cannonball Racing has chosen to keep the Torco name on board both Pro Mod cars.

“The way I look at that is, Evan’s been so good to me," added Cannon Sr. "He’s been my sponsor forever. We’re buddies, we’re friends, and the first thing off is Evan has got to get well. He’s done so much for drag racing; I’ve kept his name on my car. The one’s who don’t like it and want to be nosey about it; it’s really none of their business. We’re out there to race, and we’re going to keep racing. The Cannon’s have always been racing and we’re going to continue to keep racing. We wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for Torco and we’ll leave when we have to leave.”

For more information on this story or any other story concerning Knoll Gas Motorsports or Torco Racing Fuels, Inc. please contact Amy Johnson, Public Relations Representative.

MORE ABOUT TORCO RACING FUELS

Torco Racing Fuels is the manufacturer of high performance racing and power products. Torco Racing Fuels is the engine builders & pros choice for extreme power and consistency of our blend stock. Dynos and racetracks have witnessed the controlled burn and quantum power released in this Mach Series Designed Fuel. Records will be set and heads will turn. A new paradigm of thought went into the development and chemistry at the base of these fuels, assuring that peak cylinder pressure is maintained by the critical timing of fuel releasing its maximum energy potential. There are 21 grades of high performance fuels available for all types of applications.

Our power products are packaged, making them available to be shipped directly to your doorstep or through our distributors for your convenience. We ship UPS daily.

For further assistance with your racing needs, please contact us directly or check out Torco Race Fuels - Home for the distributor nearest you.

Mach Series Racing Fuels are available in 5 Gallon Pails, 55 gallon containers, bulk-transport loads, and 30 Thousand Gallon Rail Cars.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back