Call your shot! (1 Viewer)

TF: Larry Dixon
FC: don't care, TJ's not racing
PS: Jason Line
PSB: Karen Stoffer, although the class is not as interesting without Angelle

Big loser in 2009: Fans - too many top shelf drivers sitting on the sidelines this year.

Im gunna go out on a limb here....

Top Fuel: Joe Hartley (thats right your not reading wrong)
Funny Car: Del Worsham
Pro Stock: Jeg Coughlin
PSM: Matt Smith

First off, a Ped (T or C) will not win FC Eliminator in 09. I hate to break hearts, but that's the way cookies crumble.
That having been said I'm sure you all are expecting me to pick Ron Capps. I'd rather drink molten lead.
If Ron and that ol crew chief of his wins I'll never make another pick as long as I live (which might not be all that long anyways, ya never know.) So anyway, who(m) does that leave?

Well, Beckman? Hey, the cat is one helluva driver, and will have all the resources that Don the Shoe's money can buy. Resources alone don't win championships. (Ask Capps.)

So who's left? Well, maybe you think ol' Wilkerson might just have his 2nd great year in a row, and actually pull it off. You be wrong. I don't see Tim finishing any higher than about 5th. Sorry. Which brings us to...

The Forces. There are no teams with the resources of the Forces, John Force, Ashley Force, Robert Force, Mike Force, Austin Force, etc. But, alas, all they will do is ruin each others chances. I believe for a "team" to work together, where one driver can help another, it has to be a 2 car team. Period. Look at the history. Last year Tony blocked for Cruz (as I predicted!). In 07 Cruz blocked for Tony.
In 06 Capps blocked for Scelzi (unwittingly, but it worked). See? Two cars can work together.

So who else do you think could win FC? I wish I could pick Melanie, but no, she can't do it, not this year. Tasca? No. Tolliver? Hell no. Hawley? Head? Mike Ashley? No. No. No. Densham? Have you not been listening? NO!

Which leaves me to believe it'll be a 2 car race all season long. Two teams, with a mission, with a bank vault of money each, and a helluva lot to prove. Two teams that could, should, and hopefully will tangle, head to head, in final after final. Two teams with a ton to prove.

And those 2 teams are......

Jeff Arend, in Scott Kalitta's Funny Car and...

Del Worsham in Alan Johnson's Funny Car.

The winner? Del Worsham. It'll be close. But Del will win it.

Ok, Top Fuel.
No long story.
No BS.
Just a pick.
Larry Dixon.
Honestly.
Do you REALLY think "The Sarge" has a chance?
What have you been smoking?

Note: As in past years, I will pass on picking a class of car (Pro-Stock) which is neither Pro, nor Stock.

And I'll only pick a PSB winner if the NHRA comes to it's senses and allows the bikes to run Nitro. If you want to run gas in a motorcycle there should be a Sportsman class, and only at LODRS meets. When the sun sets in the East, the NHRA will bring back Nitro Harley Eliminator.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back