Ok... Call your shot!!! Who's gonna win it? (1 Viewer)

Tim5636sc

Nitro Member
Here are the points... Call your shot... who's gonna be in your top 4, and who will win it all???

TOP FUEL FUNNY CAR PRO STOCK PRO STOCK MOTORCYCLE
1 Tony Schumacher 2090 1 Tim Wilkerson 2090 1 Greg Anderson 2090 1 Matt Smith 2090
2 Antron Brown 2060 2 Tony Pedregon 2060 2 Kurt Johnson 2060 2 Andrew Hines 2060
3 Larry Dixon 2050 3 Robert Hight 2050 3 Jeg Coughlin Jr 2050 3 Chip Eillis 2050
4 Cory McClenathan 2040 4 Cruz Pedregon 2040 4 Jason Line 2040 4 Angelle Sampey 2040
5 Rod Fuller 2030 5 Ashley Force 2030 5 Allen Johnson 2030 5 Chris Rivas 2030
6 Brandon Bernstein 2020 6 Jack Beckman 2020 6 Dave Connolly 2020 6 Matt Guidera 2020
7 Hillary Will 2010 7 Gary Densham 2010 7 Mike Edwards 2010 7 Eddie Krawiec 2010
8 Doug Herbert 2000 8 John Force 2000 8 V Gaines 2000 8 Steve Johnson 2000
9 Doug Kalitta 1990 9 Ron Capps 1990 9 Ron Krisher 1990 9 Craig Treble 1990
10 David Grubnic 1980 10 Mike Neff 1980 10 Greg Stanfield 1980 10 Karen Stoffer 1980

If I were a gambling man ... I would say Tony Schumacher is -950 to win it all, and set the rest of the field at +400. In other words, start inscribing the Top Fuel Trophy now ... Schu wins with ease going away (assuming AJ sees out the season).

I am hoping Tim Wilkerson hangs on or Gary Densham gets hot. I think Tim can do it, so I am gonna call Tim. Cruz Pedregon and Jack Beckman look like they may have something to say about it though.

I think Dave Connolly wins Pro Stock making a travashamockery of the Countdown, with the Johnsons who are not related, Allen and Kurt the first pair behind him.

Matt Smith has the baddest bike, but is it the most consistent? I think Matt may win more races, but I think Andrew Hines wins more rounds ... trophy goes back to the Vance & Hines juggernaut.

Kurt Johnson for PS

Tim Wilkerson for FC

Matt Smith PSB

and for second place in top fuel i'm goin' with Cory Mac (lets not waste time picking first place, u know who its gonna be)

Pipe Racks: Top 4 Sarge, Ant, Larry Jr, Cory Mac.... Tony wins 5 of 6, locks by Richmond

Floppers: Top 4 Timmah, T-Ped, Robert. Jack... want a four way tie... heart says.... Robert

Gas Floppers: Top 4 GA, KJ, AJ, DC... DC locks by V2

Bicycles: Drew, Matt Smith, Chip, Angelle, I want Angel in this one

d'kid

TF: Shoe, other 3: Dixon, C-Mac and AB.

FC: Tim Wilk, other 3: Tony P, Papa John and Fast Jack.

PS: GA, other 3: Connelly, AJ and Kurt.

PSB: Andrew Hines, other 3: Matt Smith, Angelle and Guidera.

Last edited:
TOP FUEL:

If I were a gambling man.... (oh yeah, I am when I have the extra money!) I also would set the odds on T. Schu at 6/5, darn near even money. The US Army car is just unreal in this 1000' deal. Mr. Alan Johnson would love to show the world that he can remain focused and win the title. HOWEVER.... They do race them afterall, and sometimes things can happen. So, I believe the Top 4 will be: (in no particular order)

- Tony Schumacher
- Antron Brown
- Larry Dixon jr
- Cory Mac

However, I have this strange feeling that we will see an upset in Vegas, (although AJ OWNS both Vegas and Pomona in the Fall) with Cory Mac winning. I also think that 2nd dsr team will put forth the effort in Pomona to make it happen again. So, Calling my shot, I think that CORY MAC will be your 2008 NHRA Powerade Top Fuel World Champion. Oh... whoops... Sorry I just woke up from my dream. Tony Wins.... Going AWAY! :cool:

FUNNY CAR:
The countdown has given a few good teams that are peaking at the right time, a good shot at winning their 1st Powerade World Championship. Those teams include, Cruz Pedregon, Fast Jack Beckman, and Gary Densham. Over the past 5 races, Mr. Beckman has gone from 12th in the standings to finishing 6th in the "PRE SEASON" and only 70 pts out of the lead. And Cruzer is only 50 pts out and with Rahn Tobler providing CONSISTANCY, they can make up some rounds. Tim Wilkerson is still running well. So... Here are my top 4:(in no particular order)

- Tim Wilkerson
- Cruz Pedregon
- Tony Pedregon
- Jack Beckman

...and the winner is....:

FAST JACK! Sorry, gotta go with my heart on this one!:cool:

Pro Stock:

The Summit Team is NO LONGER the dominate team they have been in previous years. Cagnazzi racing is just as good. KJ can bring it when he has too, and Allen Johnson and Dad have that Mopar running well. That being said.... here are my top 4:

- Greg Anderson
- Jeggy
- Dave Connolly
- Kurt Johnson

and your Winner is.... I'm going with Kurt Johnson. He has always done well at the vegas 2 race and pomona to end the season. I also think he will step it up on hit RT's the next few races....

Pro Stock Motorcycle:

Don't know alot about the bikes, but that being said, here are my top 4:

- Matt Smith
- Andrew Hines
- Angelle Sampy
- Chip Ellis

and your Powerade Champion will be... ANGELLE SAMPY! GB3 has that bike "READY TO WIN" and I think Angelle will be ready when the pressure is on!

What do we win? Warm fuzzies and the admiration of my peers? OK, then here goes...

For those rail jobs (a tribute there to my good buddy Mr. Rice)...Schumacher, Dixon, Brown, Bernstein.

Flip body cars...Wilk, Hight, Beckman, and TPed

Pro STOCK cars (paying homage to Vin Diesel)...Super Dave, GA, KJ, AJ

Crotch rockets...Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, Hines 57, Chip, Rivas.

The countdown has given a few good teams that are peaking at the right time, a good shot at winning their 1st Powerade World Championship. Those teams include, Cruz Pedregon, Fast Jack Beckman, and Gary Densham.

Timmah, Cruz won the championship in '92.

I have no idea who's going to win. I want Larry to take home the Top Fuel title. Funny car... honestly with no Tommy or Melanie I really don't care. Just being honest. Pro Stock - want Jason or Greg. If they don't get it, then Kurt. Cagnazzi already got their Christmas present with last year's points system. PSM - hopefully Karen gets her first title. If not her, then NJ's own Eddie Krawiec.

by rights shoe, wilk, greg or kurt and hines or smith

funny how pro stock would be closer right now without the countdown, kinda like funny car last year. Would have finished tighter without the chase.

I'll root for Hillary, then team Kalitta, Cory, Antron, Herbert
Wilk, Densham and Capps
Dave, one cuz I like him and a big 2 cuz it will really show how flawed this system is. After him KJ, then AJ
Bikes Matt got his last year so Steve Johnson would be awesome. Smith, Angelle and Karen would be good too

In sequential order.

TF- Schumacher, Brown, Dixon, and Cory Mac
FC- Wilkerson, Beckman, Cruz, and Tony
PS- Connolly, Greg, Jeg, and AJ
PSB- Smith, Hines, Sampey, and Treble

I think Tony will still take T/F

The clown down will cost Wilk the title.(remember U heard it here first)

P/S - Between KJ, Super Dave, GA, Jeg, AJ, - all strong cars, very close in ET's = too close to call.

It seems to me that countdown or not, what always matters is who's getting hot late in the season. I'm not smart enough to pick top 4, so I'll just tell you the winners. ;)

Hard to argue with Schumacher in T/F. Hot as of late doesn't describe it.

If you had to pick hot lately, Beckman's on top in F/C. Scalding hot since the Western Swing started. It was a bracket car in Indy, but will it last? I dunno, but I'm going with it.

In P/S, Connolly is the choice. Running hot lately for sure. Spotted the field 5 races and is chasing them down.

Don't follow the bikes...

Of course, hot with 6 races to go isn't quite as important as hot with 3 to go... so this is all wrong :D

Hight, Fuller and Greg should win just make up the the hosing last year

Hight, Fuller and Greg should win just make up the the hosing last year

No hosing, just a playoff system implemented by the NHRA which Hight, Fuller, and Anderson did not maximize their performance and they lost to the teams who played the system per the guidelines outlined in the beginning of the year.

No hosing, just a playoff system implemented by the NHRA which Hight, Fuller, and Anderson did not maximize their performance and they lost to the teams who played the system per the guidelines outlined in the beginning of the year.

Put down the kool-aid, sir. I think you've had enough.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back