California Truck Issue is Back (1 Viewer)

this is wat is rong with this country,, idiot politicians,, until the people rise up again we will continue to loose our rights and b subject to these nuts especially in CA, remember they hav nancy pelosi as a spokes person:eek:
and think of the revenue NHRA and Nascrap brings into the state, oh i forgot the f:mad:ederal gov will bail them out

Last edited:
this is wat is rong with this country,, idiot politicians,, until the people rise up again we will continue to loose our rights and b subject to these nuts especially in CA, remember they hav nancy pelosi as a spokes person:eek:

Either that, or it's the steady decline of the written word...... :D

But seriously, I agree.....Cali & Pelosi lead the nut parade. :)

I'm no fan of Pelosi, but she is a senator representing California in Washington D.C. She does not participate in the governing of California. The problem here is CalTrans bureaucracy and a disfunctional state senate and legislature.

My mistake. I do believe that all of us who live in California should be e-mailing our state senators and area assembly reps to ask them why this is happening over three freakin' feet. Mentioning loss of jobs, loss of revenue for the cities involved, and the PR mess that it creates are good places to start. Believe it or not, the emails do get read.

Okay, I hope it's not just me...

What's wrong with just having a legal rig in the first place? Or, you can just skip Kalifornia. Not that I really care, I'm never going back.

Three races a year, two on company property, one on a track owned by Mister Smith. I really believe it's time the NHRA moved the corporate offices to Indy, divested themselves of track ownership, except IRP, and be done with it.

I'm just over this same H.S. (not high school) three times a year.

d'kid

Okay, I hope it's not just me...

What's wrong with just having a legal rig in the first place?

d'kid

Why would you spend thousands of dollars to build an oversized trailer anyways? As stringent as the NHRA is about pit space size and placement, it would have been alot easier had the NHRA imposed a 53 foot length maximum from the beginning.

Why would you spend thousands of dollars to build an oversized trailer anyways? As stringent as the NHRA is about pit space size and placement, it would have been alot easier had the NHRA imposed a 53 foot length maximum from the beginning.

that's what I was think...as a resident of California I'm pretty familiar with the fruits and nuts that run this state and their freakin' stupid decisions; but this time it seems like they are just enforcing rules that have been on the books for years :confused:

good point Karl,, NHRA culd do itself a favor and move 2 a business friendly state,,

How many people would NHRA lose by making this move? When Nissan moved its HQ from LaLa land to Tennessee, they lost from the top down, over 60% of their people.

Bottom line: No matter what you say, people love LaLa land.

I'm thinking the teams can supply their own pilot cars to get this done, It shouldn't take much in the way of flashing lights and banners mounted to the team van to get them in and out of Calif-------------------------like was said they built themselves into this problem----- some teams have cut them down already----------

I do believe that all of us who live in California should be packing up and getting the hell out of this dysfunctional,idiotic state before it's too late.

There,I fixed it for you. The people who live in CA are getting exactly what they deserve with the way they vote. You vote for more gov. control,that's what you get.

Forget CalTrans. Money talks. Start calling the chambers of commerce and local political hacks in the affected areas and let them know how much money CalTrans is preventing from getting to Calif businesses. Let the chambers do some of the work in getting these idiotic rules changed.

If that doesn't work, screw Calif. Take those races somewhere else. This includes the awards banquet after the world finals.

There,I fixed it for you. The people who live in CA are getting exactly what they deserve with the way they vote. You vote for more gov. control,that's what you get.

Although I do appreciate your humor... do not put words in my mouth. If altering someone's quote isn't a violation of TOS it should be.

Karl, and Guy are right. Why jump thru hoops trying to get into Cal.?? If we're not wanted, FINE. Cancel the Pomona #2 race, then make it known that the millions of dollars lost to the community is because of Caltran.

Believe me, miss one race and they'll be changes made. Seems I recall a similar problem in Bowling Green for the natl. hot rod reunion. Moved the race to Columbus Ohio ONE time, and WAALAA!!! problem solved.

Hmmm... People build trailers that they know are in violation of laws that have been on the books for decades, and that hundreds of thousands of other commercial truckers follow, and it's the people who make the laws fault?

Believe me, miss one race and they'll be changes made. Seems I recall a similar problem in Bowling Green for the natl. hot rod reunion. Moved the race to Columbus Ohio ONE time, and WAALAA!!! problem solved.

Been to the Pomona race? Hotel rooms are readily available, flights in and out are plentiful, people even in the immediate vicinity say "oh, there's a race?". The LA area is so huge, with so much going on, if you cancel the race people wouldn't even notice. Except for the people of La Verne who would apparently welcome the peace and quiet.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back