Bristol!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Thunder Valley Usa .....

Welcome to my home track....LOL....Ok where's the mater meeting ? at the mall....Murdock, calling Murdock, hello.............With the $$$ I've spent with your company in the last year , how about a souvenir ? LOL ..Just kidding man ...Chris from Idaho..I know you can't make it ,we will miss you ...I will be there Friday all day .................who else wants to meet ? Say 3:00 p.m at the mall ? ....I can smell the nitro now....ummm get out those masks or prepare to cry !......I'm bringing some rookies....hee hee they don't have a clue what they are in for ..... :D

Oh Yea! Can't wait this will be my first dose of nitro for the year. So the Mater Meeting is at 3:00 on Friday at the Nitro Mall?

Re: Thunder Valley Usa .....

Welcome to my home track....LOL....Ok where's the mater meeting ? at the mall....Murdock, calling Murdock, hello.............With the $$$ I've spent with your company in the last year , how about a souvenir ? LOL ..Just kidding man ...Chris from Idaho..I know you can't make it ,we will miss you ...I will be there Friday all day .................who else wants to meet ? Say 3:00 p.m at the mall ? ....I can smell the nitro now....ummm get out those masks or prepare to cry !......I'm bringing some rookies....hee hee they don't have a clue what they are in for .....

Hey Hammer, I got an idea. How about spending some money on ME, and then we'll see about that souvenir!! :D :D I got another idea, tell C W to take you out to lunch, and tell him that I said that I would pay him back the next time that I see him. You know, he's dumb enough to fall for that.:eek: :D OK, 3:00 PM on Friday at the Nitromall sounds good to me. If anybody wants to meet at 3:00 PM on Thursday, I'll be there. In the RV area on top of the hill at the Sharpie sign. Site A-28. Ya'll drop by and say "Hello".

Murdock.

I'm planning on going Friday and Sunday.

As usual, if anyone's interested in running over to Shirley's Restaurant anytime when no pro cars are running, I'm always up for it. PM me for my cell phone number. Just click on menu for their hours.

Shirley's Restaurant - Good Old Home Cookin'

By the way, "family style" means they keep bringing it out until you tell them to stop. The roast beef is to die for, cut it with your finger. It's hard getting it to your plate without it falling apart. :)

Last edited:

Hey Hammer, I got an idea. How about spending some money on ME, and then we'll see about that souvenir!! :D :D I got another idea, tell C W to take you out to lunch, and tell him that I said that I would pay him back the next time that I see him. You know, he's dumb enough to fall for that.:eek: :D OK, 3:00 PM on Friday at the Nitromall sounds good to me. If anybody wants to meet at 3:00 PM on Thursday, I'll be there. In the RV area on top of the hill at the Sharpie sign. Site A-28. Ya'll drop by and say "Hello".

Murdock.

How much is an Rv spot costing these days??

I'm planning on going Friday and Sunday.

As usual, if anyone's interested in running over to Shirley's Restaurant anytime when no pro cars are running, I'm always up for it. PM me for my cell phone number. Just click on menu for their hours.

Shirley's Restaurant - Good Old Home Cookin'

By the way, "family style" means they keep bringing it out until you tell them to stop. The roast beef is to die for, cut it with your finger. It's hard getting it to your plate without it falling apart. :)

Hey Ron! Thanks for the link to Shirley's. I have always heard about this place but never knew where it was. By looking at the site I guess they are not open on Thursdays?

Hey Ron! Thanks for the link to Shirley's. I have always heard about this place but never knew where it was. By looking at the site I guess they are not open on Thursdays?

No, they do a good enough business that they can afford to only be open Fri-Sun, Spring through Fall. I guess there still is a market for quality today.

The food alone is worth going for (as it should be!), but there's something else that's special about the place to me. Occasionally you'll see a man in his 80s come walking out of the kitchen with flour all over his apron who looks like Uncle Jesse from the Dukes of Hazzard TV show. That's Grant. This is from their "About" page.

"Grant was shot through the left arm in the mountains north of Rome in 1944 as the 88th Infantry was attempting to retake a hill from the Nazis. He was the first to be hit, but he carried a fellow soldier who had been shot in the heel five miles out of the mountains."

You can click on that Google map on their site, but getting there is pretty easy. Just go 11E south (the major highway in front of the dragstrip) maybe five or so minutes and turn left on highway 19E (At this point you're in Bluff City, current home of Mike Bos' Chassis Craft and Todd Paton). Follow this another five or so minutes. 19E will turn right into Elizabethton, you stay straight and it turns into highway 321. About 3-4 minutes later you and 321 turn left. Another 7-8 minutes you'll see them on your right.

I don't know if it's because they're located inside the Cherokee National Forest, but the prices you see are what you pay. No sales tax added. There's also boat launches along Watauga Lake, plenty of picnic spots, and an outdoor firing range in case you want to make your own noise, LOL.

Last edited:

How much is an Rv spot costing these days??

It's been so long since I paid for the spot I forget, but I think it was $350.00. Worth it not to have to deal with traffic getting out at night, if it rains I'm not sitting in a car for hours at a time waiting for it to stop, and it's just like having home with you at the drag strip. And price wise, it's about the same as what any of the better motel chains will charge for 3 nights. And the view from the top of the Sharpie hill is pretty good.

Murdock.

i think the weekend after richmond would have been a better choice.but who am i???
if any of you guys are in the knoxville area, come and see the Brut funny car. we never reschedule.
kROGER STORES ALL OVER THE AREA,CHECK BRUT RACING.COM FOR TIME AND DATES
thanks....terry and trudy

Can't run it after Richmond, that's during the countdown or chase or whatever it's called. Let's see - NASCAR has "The Chase," so ours must be "The Countdown."

I guess the countdown that only Glendora cares about came back to bite them, it would have made a lot more sense to plug Bristol in after Richmond and there would still be a week off between Bristol and Vegas. It would also be more comfortable for the fans too, I'd think about flying down if this race was in the fall, but there's no way I'd fly down in July. I'm going to Maple Grove and could care less if it was the last race before the chase or the next to the last race before the chase.

WOW..MURDOCK , You coming back in July ? This is crazy.......

I dunno, Hammer, it can get awfully hot in the valley in the summertime. Got to wonder about the quality of racing with the heat, humidity, and a green race track. I'll just have to see how things shake out between now and then.

Murdock.

Thats what I was thinking Murdock...

Man, I can remember the Springnationals " back in the day " in June ...it was hot as Hades for sure .....July ...HELLo............This is still so crazy ..I'm just sorry for everyone that this has inconveninced ......

Re: Thats what I was thinking Murdock...

Man, I can remember the Springnationals " back in the day " in June ...it was hot as Hades for sure .....July ...HELLo............This is still so crazy ..I'm just sorry for everyone that this has inconveninced ......

Yeah, Hammer, I remember sitting at the Springnationals out there in 1990 and thought that I was going to fry like an egg on those concrete bleachers. By buddy and I went through a bottle of sunscreen and still burnt. And that was in May!

Murdock.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back