Brett Farve in MN (1 Viewer)

FC138fan

Nitro Member
I missed the preseason game Friday, but apparently it was enough to get the Vikings interested in Farve again... they are following his car around Minneapolis like the OJ chase right now on the news.

Hope they sign him!

Sage Rosenfels is better than Brett Farve now. The Viks are better off with him instead of the interception King. Especially cuz your owner is going to break the bank to get a washed up hasbeen. Retarded.

Farve is washed up and has been for the last 5 years or so. This retiring act and then coming back $hit is getting old Brett. Is the wife that much of a b that you cant stand to stay home or what? Jeezus. Sorry, never been a fan of his. I have always thought he was over-rated. He's good, but not god. Did yall hear that? I think John Madden just passed out when I said that.

rosenfels was 'that' close to realizing a starting position and showing what
he's capable of........now he'll have to wait till brett gets hurt.
might only be a few games :rolleyes:

hope i eat crow when we're in the superbowl, until then i'm against
brett wearing the purple and gold..........what a soap opera.:mad:

can u really count on him getting hurt?? he hasnt missed a game since 1992

I'll be surprised if he last half the season. They announced yesterday also that he's already got an injury in his throwing shoulder that they found in his last surgery. I wish him well, but I think the Viks were dumb. To spend that kinda money on him. I think they would have been better off with Sage.

Especially cuz your owner is going to break the bank to get a washed up hasbeen. Retarded.

Just think of the money pulled in in Jerseys and ticket sales - and advertising if they get picked up on more nationally broadcast games this year.

The past few years have seemed like the Vikings have had it all - except a quarterback. They have had to extend AP so much, that the Defence simply stacked up on him because the QB sucked so bad.

You put Farve in there, even if he is half as good as he was, suddenly theres a passing threat - and AP suddenly has more room to run. And that puts points on the board, which extends the opposing team's offence - perhaps opening the window for jared allen to be even more effective.

Like they say this might be the piece theyve been missing. They made the playoffs last year with a crappy QB.

If not... and Farve sucks - well it will still be inetersting to watch him train wreck at the end of his career. Either way Im excited to watch them play for the first time since I moved up here (from Pittsburgh! city of champions)

of course not, but it wouldn't surprise me to see it happen.
see, mike, there's an aura that follows the mn vikings -
just when you think they're doing really good, they miss a chip-shot field goal to go to the superbowl.........
just when you think they can win a superbowl; vikings first to play in and
lose four superbowls.
just when you think, you need to stop thinking and realize the vikings
are cursed and so are us fans, they ALWAYS find a way to screw it up.

so yes, i truly believe hiring brett is just another in an endless line of
blunders the vikings have submitted themselves to.

Last edited:
Just think of the money pulled in in Jerseys and ticket sales - and advertising if they get picked up on more nationally broadcast games this year.

The past few years have seemed like the Vikings have had it all - except a quarterback. They have had to extend AP so much, that the Defence simply stacked up on him because the QB sucked so bad.

You put Farve in there, even if he is half as good as he was, suddenly theres a passing threat - and AP suddenly has more room to run. And that puts points on the board, which extends the opposing team's offence - perhaps opening the window for jared allen to be even more effective.

Like they say this might be the piece theyve been missing. They made the playoffs last year with a crappy QB.

If not... and Farve sucks - well it will still be inetersting to watch him train wreck at the end of his career. Either way Im excited to watch them play for the first time since I moved up here (from Pittsburgh! city of champions)

You are correc that they will make the $$$ back in jersey sells and whatnot. But I really dont think there's a defense in the NFL right now thats scared of Brett Farve. Yeah, it might free up AP some but we will see.

And I cant argue they made the playoffs last year with a crappy qb. They did. All b/c of AP and there defense. I hope he does well, I even half like the Viks, but I think its a huge mistake. If he fools me, I will be the first to admit it.

I don't understand how he can just "retire" and then sign with another team. Shouldn't the Jets get some compensation?

I don't understand how he can just "retire" and then sign with another team. Shouldn't the Jets get some compensation?

no because after he retired he made the jets give him his unconditional release

.....and Mike, no need to explain sports blunders to me.....im from chicago :D:D:D

I had this hat made in 1998 or 1999 and proudly wore it for a year or 2....... it's been stored away in my hat collection since 2000 or 2001. I'm still not sure what to think about Bret coming to Minnesota to play for the Vikes. To me, it feels like an enemy soldier has joined our army! :mad:

Looks like I'll need to break out the old hat for one more season!!!

vikeshat.jpg

hope i eat crow when we're in the superbowl, until then i'm against
brett wearing the purple and gold..........what a soap opera.

can't believe i said all this ch*t!!:eek:
i have turned...........the blinders are on, the vikes are winning!
i actually like the guy :confused::)

also, pretty sure zigy wilf has recouped his 12 mill. investment or is very close
to doing so..................much smarter man than i.

LMAO! Well, let's see....I have Berrian, Longwell and Rodgers on my Fantasy Football team. I enjoyed the game last night! :)

It kind of looks like Brett has his revenge. Very odd were the circumstances in which he left G.B. Obviously, he though that he could still play. Apparently, he can if can avoid injuries, which has decimated my fantasy team. He had the Jets looking at the playoffs until the injury that was hidden by the team.
I have heard several different people say that he's overated. To them, all I can say in look at the stats. MVP for three straight years, NFC player of the year for five years, ten pro-bowls, two consecutive super bowls, winning one, only one losing season in his career. He's going to walk away, one day, with nearly every QB record there is to be had and keep them unless Peyton can't stay healthy. The bottom line is, just like every other player in the league, he is one play away from ending his run with an injury. If he stays healthy, the Vikes look as good as anybody. I wish my Jets looked as good.

Last edited:
I can see him taking snaps behind a walker...

He really is a phenom..he just made bad choices leaving Green Bay. I'm in..I'm out and all that. If he would have stayed..they would have kept him. But he left..they moved on..and that's when I left him. Still a fan..but it's difficult..

I can see him taking snaps behind a walker...

He really is a phenom..he just made bad choices leaving Green Bay. I'm in..I'm out and all that. If he would have stayed..they would have kept him. But he left..they moved on..and that's when I left him. Still a fan..but it's difficult..

The reason he left was they didn't want him. They wanted to go with Rodgers and were expecting Favre to retire...he obviously wasn't ready to retire.

funny deal was bradshaw (not a favorite analyst of mine) ripped favre a
new _ _ _ hole a few weeks ago regarding the whole "i'm in, i'm out" / rogers
/ green bay fiasco.
now this last week guess who interviews favre on fox pre-game show?
bradshaw - you could tell he (terry) was backtracking.

bradshaw is an idiot.........and my opinion has nothing to do with favre
and/or the vikings........he has been phony for many years.........and he
thinks he's funny; key word 'thinks'.

i think favre had to do a year with another team to sidestep green bay's
clause against playing for vikes - i think he couldn't wait to sign with the vikes;
and now he DOES have his revenge and is handling it very well publicly.
also believe he is being recieved very well here in MN - on & off field.

funny deal was bradshaw (not a favorite analyst of mine)

bradshaw is an idiot.........and my opinion has nothing to do with favre
and/or the vikings........he has been phony for many years.........and he
thinks he's funny; key word 'thinks'.

i think favre had to do a year with another team to sidestep green bay's
clause against playing for vikes - i think he couldn't wait to sign with the vikes;

Packers only released Favre after it was agreed he couldn't play for the Vikes.

One of the best quotes ever, from Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson of the Cowboys once said abour Bradshaw: "He couldn't spell cat if you spotted him the "c" and the "a"." Turns out Hollywood wasn't very smart either.

of course not, but it wouldn't surprise me to see it happen.
see, mike, there's an aura that follows the mn vikings -
just when you think they're doing really good, they miss a chip-shot field goal to go to the superbowl.........
just when you think they can win a superbowl; vikings first to play in and
lose four superbowls.
just when you think, you need to stop thinking and realize the vikings
are cursed and so are us fans, they ALWAYS find a way to screw it up.

so yes, i truly believe hiring brett is just another in an endless line of
blunders the vikings have submitted themselves to.

was correct with top part.
wrong with bottom - we'd have never been in the game yesterday, much
less tied @ 28 without brett...........very painful to lose in fashion we did,
but overall brett lead us through quite a successful year.

hope the colts burry the saints

Yea Mike..I blame that loss on 5 turnovers..AND THE COACH.

Minute left..what..48-51 yard field goal attempt with a very good kicker. Run the fuc^in ball then give it a shot.

Brett got his ass kicked..and if his wife's reaction in the stands is any indication..he won't be back. Painful to watch.

I hope he doesn't parlay this into another fiasco this summer.

I would have enjoyed the game if it hadn't with stupid sh!t..12 men on the field..C'MON!!! (for instance)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back