Brakesafe Leaving DSR (1 Viewer)

You would think he would, but he is very business like with DSR, and has said in the past that if a vehicle does not have sufficient funding, he will not run it. We will have to wait and see what happens in this case.

This is too bad, but my guess is that Don will keep the car running. It ran pretty well in Pomona, and even better in Phoenix. IMO brake safe seemed like a weird company to get into drag racing, and I'm still not sure as to what product they were trying to market/brand??

I wouldn't expect Don to run the car without a major backer, it just wouldn't make sense.

I wouldn't expect Don to run the car without a major backer, it just wouldn't make sense.

Exactly.. The expense of running the car on his own dime wouldn't make any sense- he already gets his name and the names of his paying backers out there with the fleet of cars he has going...

Crewguys get shop time or spread to another team, and Matt's contract HAS to be cheaper to pay out than running the car naked...

Here we go again. This reminds me of the Charter communications thing. I see they are all over nascar now and they were supposedly out of money too. I feel for Matt and crew, so I guess only time will tell.

I believe most of the folks that drive for DSR bring money to the table or a sponsor. Cory Mac brought with him Fram and basicly leases the program from DSR at least that's how it was last year. I don't think he will run this 3rd car very long with out backing either directly from the driver or the sponsor. What would Don have to gain when he already has 2 other sponsored cars?

On a side note, I'm surprised that Force is running that 4th car out of his own pocket unless the many secondary sponsors pick up most of the slack. He's now looking for funding for the A/Fuel cars.

Rich, I can't remember where, but I've read Force has a new backer for that car that's new to the sport, but who knows. I don't think there are many racers out there that aren't feeling the squeeze.

I'm still not sure as to what product they were trying to market/brand??

It is (was?) supposedly a device that causes the third brake light to flash one second after the brake pedal is depressed . . . probably about .8 second after you have already been struck by the driver behind you who wasn't paying attention! - ;)
If this is true (Bobby seems pretty sure it is), it's a shame for Matt, Tommy and the crew. They have shown great promise - hope DSR can keep them out there racing.

Here we go again. This reminds me of the Charter communications thing. I see they are all over nascar now and they were supposedly out of money too. I feel for Matt and crew, so I guess only time will tell.

They said on TV that the Nascar Truck series sponsored team would only be running a few races. Doesn't sound like any money from Charter made it their way, either.

I would bet Matt brought enough money to the table for things to continue as is... and should be fine......be extremely suprised if other wise....

Billy

Billy is right Matt paid a considerable chunk of change to get in the DSR funny car this year, and im sure Schumacher already has some things up his sleeve as far as sponsors goes....hes pretty good at that.

They were testing in florida after learning this so perhaps enough money was paid up front to carry the team through a period of time.

All --

relax....

The deal for Matt to run is and always has been with Shelor and DSR -- not with any other company -- and the car is funded well --so there is no worries about Matt running. The other company didn't pan out, but Matt is safe in his car/ride.

I do know, after talking with David Hagan (Matt's father & owner of Shelor), that there is a great deal to be had for Matt's DSR car and all of the professional things that go along with it -- so, if anyone has any ideas or opportunities and wants to be on a championship team -- let me know! I can pass it along to David...

MB

They said on TV that the Nascar Truck series sponsored team would only be running a few races. Doesn't sound like any money from Charter made it their way, either.

They were also primary on one of the Petty cars at Atlanta. Makes you wonder doesn't it Randy.;)

Charter filed for bankruptcy here last week. They will continue to operate, but anybody they presently owe money to is probably up the creek.

All --

relax....

The deal for Matt to run is and always has been with Shelor and DSR -- not with any other company -- and the car is funded well --so there is no worries about Matt running. The other company didn't pan out, but Matt is safe in his car/ride.

I do know, after talking with David Hagan (Matt's father & owner of Shelor), that there is a great deal to be had for Matt's DSR car and all of the professional things that go along with it -- so, if anyone has any ideas or opportunities and wants to be on a championship team -- let me know! I can pass it along to David...

MB

Makes you kinda glad you met Battaglini, eh Mr. Brammer?

Maricopa County Recorder

Newly Inc. businesses.

Drag Racing Internet Magazine - Competition Plus.com - PRO MOD RACERS CRY FOUL

Ariz. Corp. Comm. -- Corporations Division

Matt updated his blog on NHRA a few days ago. Kudos to Matt on his professionalism, he handled this very well.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back