Service Central Leaving Gray's (1 Viewer)

Race without a sponsor? i think Johnny could buy the NHRA if he wanted! But i met him for a few minutes at Indy, and he seems like a very cool, down to earth guy. Glad he'll be staying out there

That's too bad. I thought they were getting a great value in that sponsorship. I wonder if they left the Lagana team too.

Being wealthy enough to race on your Dime is one thing, but I'm sure Johnny Gray would rather race on somebody else's Nickel...

Race without a sponsor? i think Johnny could buy the NHRA if he wanted! But i met him for a few minutes at Indy, and he seems like a very cool, down to earth guy. Glad he'll be staying out there

Johnny is a very down to earth guy, and smart. He is very personable to talk to with or without funds.

Rick

Being wealthy enough to race on your Dime is one thing, but I'm sure Johnny Gray would rather race on somebody else's Nickel...

I wish he would loan me one of the two backhalf 66 Novas he had built to run down here in Texas .
One of them never saw a track I think .

this article is primarily about Old World Brands / Peak, but the last paragraph
touches on Tire Kingdom.....the article is from last sept.

New deals for Old World brands - SportsBusiness Daily | SportsBusiness Journal | SportsBusiness Daily Global
“The most efficient place to reach [do-it-yourself consumers] is the NHRA,” Emrich said. “It has the highest percentage of [do-it-yourself] consumers. The depth of the NHRA fan who is a car person is greater there than anywhere else we could find.”

that being said it is surprising to see the Service Central brands leaving NHRA,
although their website still shows the 2011 Tire Kingdom Gatornationals

I wish he would loan me one of the two backhalf 66 Novas he had built to run down here in Texas .
One of them never saw a track I think .

First time I ever saw Johnny race was here in ABQ around 1990-91? He had a Pro mod Firebird with a believe a 633 CI in it! He ran a then Track record 8.19@169!

I only went to them because they were a sponsor, no more!

Me too, I even went out of my way and brought my own NAPA oil filter because my local NTB didn't stock filters for a 2012 Charger SRT (odd because it isn't like the car is a one off)

Gotta agree Phillip, excellent customer care, they always get my business.
I'm hoping Discount Tire gets involved in drag racing at some point. That's where all my money goes. One of the last few remaining companies that know how to treat their customers.

I'm hoping Discount Tire gets involved in drag racing at some point. That's where all my money goes. One of the last few remaining companies that know how to treat their customers.

Gotta agree Phillip, excellent customer care, they always get my business.

I used them when I bought my drag radials- Cheaper then most places and free shipping. A couple hours after ordering online, I got a phone call from them double checking the tire size. The tire I ordered would not fit the facotry rim for my car (which is true, but it fits the Weld wheels on the car) and they just gave a call to double check. I thought that was good service.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back