Boyd Coddington died this morning (1 Viewer)

Wow....Just as everyone else here I am in shock to hear the news of the passing of Boyd Coddington. What a creative and amazing hot rod builder he was. His legacy and shop will continue to produce some amazing pieces of ARTWORK! Godspeed Mr. Coddington!

Timmah

At risk of sounding cliche'.... I am shocked and saddened. I pray for his family. Still, I also know he is with us, smiling. His legacy will live on forever.

RIP Boyd ! You were a promoter of the Automotive and Custom car world!
You made your legacy one piece at a time and will be remembered for many years.

That ZZ Top 32 will always be my favorite and the benchmark for Custom Street Rods !

Another side of Boyd that perhaps not too many people were aware of comes from a post made by the automotive columnist for our local Daily Blab, Paul Brand, made on the newspaper's forum:

Registered member said:
Regardless of what you think about Boyd's creations, here's a wonderful story of his generosity. When I interviewed him at "back to the '50's", he and his wife Jo saw the flyer for the fund raiser for Scott Townsend, who was struck down by Gillian Barre syndrome and left completely paralysed.

Boyd and Jo sent a check for $1000 to help Scott.

By the way, he's continuing to recover. He's up and able to walk a bit with the help of a special walker. He's at Sister Kenny now, and hopes to go to Courage Center after that. It's been over a year, now, and there's still a long road ahead.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back