Bobby Lagana Sr. (1 Viewer)

MM

Nitro Member
Bobby Sr. passed away last night. He was a good man and true racer to the core and he passed along those values to his sons Bobby Jr. and Dom. Thoughts are with them and the rest of their family during this time.

I have never known anyone as passionate and dedicated to drag racing as Bobby Sr. I'll always remember his "whatever it takes" attitude, as well as his willingness to help anyone who needed a hand. And, as Mike Minick stated, he definitely passed along those values to Bobby & Dom. He was always quick to share how proud he was of what the two of them have accomplished. My thoughts and prayers are with the Lagana family and friends.

Drag racing lost one of it's heroes. I know I lost one of mine.

RIP Bobby, you'll be missed.

Last edited:
Thoughts and prayers to the family. I grew up watching Bobby match race in NJ with the Twilight Zone FC and was one of my favorites.

Oh no! :( very sad.
I was fortunate enough to see them out here on the West coast. A very admirable old-school true racer. A pleasure to cheer for. May he be in peace and condolences to the family.

Very sad to hear of Bobby's passing.

Requiescant in pace.

Whenever I see a thread with just the name in the title, it seems like it's never good news. :(

Bobby and Dom I will be thinking about you and praying for you. Your dad was a great guy. He was an old school racer and he had a lot of fun and satisfaction over the years. He was very proud of you. RIP.

Surprised to hear the boys will still be racing in Martin this weekend.

Thoughts are with them

we ran 463 326 tonite,,wasnt even scheduled to run till sat,,theres no suprise.RACERS RACE,,theres nothing that would piss the old man off more than them not racing,,,if u dont race you dont understand. thanks for all the prayers and thoughts its greatly appreciated

Some of the best stories I've ever heard were of fellow racers talking about him, his ingenuity, and his passion to race. Usually had something involving a soda can, tin snips, and his MacGyver capabilities

My condolences to the family.

Thoughts and prayers to Bobby's family and friends. Sad news indeed :(

Hope the boys can lower their ET and up their speed some more on Saturday.

God speed Bobby.

Mike.

Sad news indeed. My 1st memory of the Twilight Zone was in 1985 at Maple Grove for the Keystones. I loved the fact that he still used a Plymouth Arrow body a few years longer than others. I loved that car. I remember him running something like a 6.21 and being towed back with the VW Bus.

I remember also during a typical Keystones rain delay an announcement being made asking the fans who took pistons from his table to please return them. They weren't souvenirs!

The '69 Ford ramp truck, low-buck racer, low on parts, high on grit & determination. Put it in the show. My kind of racer.

God bless the Lagana family.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back