Dom Lagana makes IHRA professional debut at Grand Bend (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]For years Bobby Lagana Jr. has been the star of his family’s drag racing business behind the wheel of the Lagana Family Racing Top Fuel dragster.

Now it is his younger brother’s turn to share some of that spotlight.

Dominick Lagana, who made history last weekend when he faced off against his brother in a match race in Epping, N.H., will make his IHRA professional debut this weekend at the 10th annual MOPAR Canadian Nationals at the Grand Bend Motorplex in Grand Bend, Ontario.

Team Lagana has been on the edge of their seat all year in anticipation of Dom Lagana’s first race, carefully planning when and where to race. But after an extremely successful match race in Epping where little brother beat up on big brother, it didn’t take long for the team to decide that Grand Bend was the place for his highly anticipated debut.

“I am at a total loss for words,” Lagana said. “I am so excited for this weekend. Life is good right now.”

Last weekend’s match race at the New England Dragway played a key role in the team’s decision to debut the second Lagana car in Grand Bend. Not only did the two brothers put on an impressive show for the fans, but the race also featured the very first brother versus brother Top Fuel run in drag racing history.

In that race Dom Lagana recorded his first 300 mile per hour pass and pulled out the win despite Bobby Lagana having a slight advantage on the line. Bobby Lagana’s slim margin at the tree put him ahead at half track, but Dom Lagana was able to zoom past him with a crowd pleasing 4.77 elapsed time at 311 miles per hour.

Bobby Lagana was no slouch either, running a 4.79 E.T. at 309 miles per hour.

While Dom Lagana’s great numbers played a key part in the team’s decision to debut the car this weekend, the determining factor ended up being family friend Ric Duchene’s willingness to drive the second rig to Grand Bend.

Now the team will once again venture into uncharged waters as, for the first time in IHRA history, two brothers will attempt to qualify for an eight-car Top Fuel field.

And while Dom Lagana is certainly looking forward to this weekend’s event, older brother Bobby Lagana, who is currently third in points, couldn’t be more excited to help make this unlikely story a dream come true.

“The way this year has gone it could not have been scripted any better. To be able to race my brother was awesome and now for both of us to compete for an Ironman is unbelievable,” Lagana said. “Dom and I both agree our mom has been leading us for most of this year. I just want to thank our family, crew, friends, sponsors, IHRA and all the fans for a wonderful year so far.”

Attachments

• mail dom&bobby.jpg
    mail dom&bobby.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 14
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back