Bobby Hamilton dies at age 49 (1 Viewer)

Bobby Hamilton dies at age 49: former Nextel Cup driver and 2004 Truck Series Champion Bobby Hamilton passed away today at age 49, according to his son, Bobby Hamilton, Jr. Hamilton, a former Fairgrounds [Nashville] Speedway champion, missed most of the 2006 season after being diagnosed with cancer.(Tennessean...more details Monday)(1-7-2007)

Another cancer victim:mad: :mad: :mad:

Dammit!!!

I was hoping for the best for a good man.

RIP Bobby.

Very sad, I just read this on Nascar.com. Another one lost to cancer, they need to find a cure for this crap! RIP Bobby

I agree this is very very sad and we need a cure so bad.

Someone had posted that eating apricot seeds which includes Vitimin B16 helps provent and even cures cancer. I researched it a little bit and then went down to the health store and bought some.

So sad - TV put a positive spin on his treatment - obviously it was much worse than presented. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
Unfortunately, it also does not sound good for my all time NASCAR favorite, Bennie Parsons. In intensive care with blood clots in his lung and leg.
Please keep him in your prayers - Jim

This is sad..

Bobby was a good guy, worked his tail off to get to where he was..49 is young .too young to go..RIP Bobby Hamilton

It's a rough January for NASCAR "good guys." Bennie Parsons is also in the hospital, in intensive care, with lung cancer.

Hamilton and Parsons share a common trait - both are very approachable and treat fans like friends. I've had the pleasure of passing the time of day with both of them (usually waiting for the rain to stop) on several occasions and the news of one's passing and the other's serious illness brings me great sorrow.

Rest in peace Bobby and get well soon Bennie.

Cancer cure

While finding a cure for cancer would be great, don't expect it to happen. Our government won't let it happen. Treating cancer is too big of a business. That's why it won't happen.

I know first-hand how devastating cancer can be but wishful thinking isn't going to gain a cure.

While finding a cure for cancer would be great, don't expect it to happen. Our government won't let it happen. Treating cancer is too big of a business. That's why it won't happen.

I know first-hand how devastating cancer can be but wishful thinking isn't going to gain a cure.

I hate to agree with you on this subject, but I think your right on. The government I dont think will ever let it happen either. With the way this nations populates and the way we let everyone and there brother from foreign nations come in here, its a perfect way to handle population control and like you said, the money is unbelievable that is spent. And I just lost a father in law to in a few months ago, my aunt died at 29 from cancer, and many many friends.

But back to the subject, I always pulled for Bobby Hamilton b/c he was always an underdog with lesser equipment than most and yet he still seemed to win a few races. I remember when he drove the 55 Square D car to victory at Talladega back in 2001. I was cheering for him the whole time. RIP BOBBY

Last edited:
I remember when he drove the 55 Square D car to victory at Talladega back in 2001. I was cheering for him the whole time. RIP BOBBY

What a great race, I believe that was the first restrictor plate race after Earnhardt died, and the race was run caution-free at a frenetic pace. I remember when he came down pit road after the cool down lap and the car owner, Andy Petree, jumped up on the hood and was banging on the windshield screaming "YOU ARE THE MAN" and drove to victory lane with the car owner on the hood!! Bobby was exhausted after he got out of the car he had to take oxygen while trying to give some semblance of an interview to the TV folks. Bobby was also on the short list of people who has won in Trucks, Busch and Cup. He will be missed ....

My best memory of Bobby was from the stands watching him battle Dale Earnhardt at Rockinghham in 1996. Bobby had the best car all day until the Intimadator began to chase him down and knocked him out of the way in Turn 4. They had a great battle though, and Bobby would pick up his first win later at PHX. Bobby can be seen driving the Rowdy Burns #51 in Days of Thunder.

Last edited:
I remember that as well Steve..

plus he gave Morgan -McClure their last team win at Martinville..He will e missed...A blue collar guy all the way ..

Bobby, thank you for posting the real truth about cancer. Tommy Johnson SR could provide Comp Plus a very good story about his battle and the key thing, victory, over cancer.

Too bad the good guys seem to leave us too soon. Never had the pleasure of meeting him, but you have to admire a guy who goes after what he wanted as hard as he did. Lost my dad and several friends to cancer. Have to agree with the previous caller about the cure--those in charge will never let it happen. God speed Bobby!!

I remember when he drove the 55 Square D car to victory at Talladega back in 2001.

I was at that race. One of the most exciting races I've ever been to. Concession stands had to be hurting that day. It looked like most people never left their seat during the race.

R.I.P. Bobby

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back