Billy's Back.... (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

In my mind “blockers” are fine because they have to win races to help their teammate , unlike divers who lose on purpose. Diving greatly degrades our sport and cheapens the recipient if he/she wins the championship

really pissed i didn't pick billy for PTW, when he holds the trophy tomorrow, that would have been a great darkhorse pick
to catapult up in points ;)

really pissed i didn't pick billy for PTW, when he holds the trophy tomorrow, that would have been a great darkhorse pick
to catapult up in points ;)
That'd be something - Billy's a good guy - but tomorrow's conditions are expected to be even better than today when the DA was 900 feet for Q3. 3.65 might not even be enough to get you the little gold man.

So would you be opposed to say Tripp Tatum (a de-facto Capco clone) coming out and running the last three races? Or what if Capco or Pruett and Tony Stewart called up TJ Zizzo and said, we'll cut you a check for (x) dollars to come out west and run Vegas and Pomona. You talk about entertainment value, another high quality car in the show makes qualifying more interesting and adds to raceday especially if Billy lines up against one of Steve's points competitors.

The fact of the matter is that Kalitta has Langdon available as a blocker, Force has Prock. Salians will possibly have a second car whether its his daughter or Travis Shumake in Vegas or Pomona so having Billy out there as a blocker is evening the field so to speak.
That's exactly why we're going to Vegas.🥹

At the 2018 Arizona Nationals, Billy raced Steve in the semis and they both ran 3.72s. I asked Billy afterward if he ever considered laying down for Steve. His reply, "No ******* way."

torrencevstorrence.jpg

Last edited:
Well it was a little tongue in cheek. I just hate that the rich guys can manipulate the countdown by entering a car that had provided no entertainment value or accomplishment during the year, but is capable of running just about as a fast an anyone competing for the championship. They get to knock off a top team or take a dive when running a teammate. At a minimum, I wish teammates could not run each other.
You probably want to reconsider that response at least with respect to the Torrences taking a dive ....................

E5CAF1FE-2EAE-48D8-87D2-BCB649A6D065.jpeg

They sure look good together. Best looking team cars in quite some time IMO. My youngest Son had his JR wrapped like Steve's 2020 car. I just ordered a new car for him and we've been on a search for a new look in 24. Billy's car might just be it.

Last edited:
View attachment 13736

They sure look good together. Best looking team cars in quite some time IMO. My youngest Son had his JR wrapped like Steve's 2020 car. I just ordered a new car for him and we've been on a search for a new look in 24. Billy's car might just be it.

Paul, what kind of camera did you use for that shot?
The picture is pretty clear.

Paul, what kind of camera did you use for that shot?
The picture is pretty clear.
Sorry I can’t claim that photo. I saved a few I found around social media to give to the guy that does our wraps. Might have been Comp +.

View attachment 13736

DSC06191 (1) Steve & Billy Torrence.JPG

That shot was close to the same location I was during Q4 on Saturday.

Hats off to the Torrence's, I didnt watch the race, but judging by the numbers they actually raced, however what happen to Coughlin against Erica. He has gone in the tank for her in the past.

Hats off to the Torrence's, I didnt watch the race, but judging by the numbers they actually raced, however what happen to Coughlin against Erica. He has gone in the tank for her in the past.
Clearly you didn't watch the race between Troy Jr and Erica, Troy blew up the engine and the cockpit became engulfed in smoke and he nudged up against the wall. If that was diving, it was an expensive way to do it.

i thought billy's presence at ennis was for fun, and see what he could do, which was a lot to no one's surprise.
t think billy's recent addition to pomona entry list is definitely to help bring trophy home to texas.

A fix for it though would be only top 8 make it and they are all on the same side of the ladder.
Other 8 spots are for non-countdown cars.

That's the only way it would make sense to me, and I've been saying this for quite some time. In no stick and ball sport, do you paly other teams that aren't in the playoffs once the playoffs start.

being that he doesn't like the countdown, IMO steve would like nothing more than to convincingly beat everyone else for the big trophy this weekend.
if torrence father and son face each in first round, i'm not sure what would happen. history says they will both Q high and try (i don't know how)
to get on opposite sides of the ladder

being that he doesn't like the countdown, IMO steve would like nothing more than to convincingly beat everyone else for the big trophy this weekend.
if torrence father and son face each in first round, i'm not sure what would happen. history says they will both Q high and try (i don't know how)
to get on opposite sides of the ladder
they'd sure like Billy to be on the side with Kalitta and Leah.

they'd sure like Billy to be on the side with Kalitta and Leah.
Since there are only 16 cars, I wonder if Billy shuts off early on every run to try and get one of the Leah/Doug/Salinas in rd. 1, since I would imagine those guys are going to be in or close to the top 5.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back