Billy's Back.... (1 Viewer)

Jack

Nitro Member
Just saw on Facebook that Billy Torrence will be back this weekend in Texas in a Capco car.

it was mentioned in a thread a few weeks ago already that he was on list for texas race.....but not last two races.
steve is small points out of 2nd place. if it was a true concerted effort to spend for the 2nd car to block for the 1st, i'd think 2nd car would
already be entered for last two races, not to mention the last three races ...... i'm thinking he's coming back out for one race, just because he can, and have a little fun at same time.

FF760B0A-D77F-4C8E-A993-B3864B6AB5CB.jpeg

Billy tested in Brainerd on Monday after the event.
He went right down the track smooth as can be every pass. It will be fun to see him back out there.

i'm thinking he's coming back out for one race, just because he can, and have a little fun at same time.
It must be nice to have an extra Top Fuel dragster sitting around to "have a little fun". Not to mention the transporter and all the goodies with a pit crew to go with it.
My money, if I had some, is he's a blocker, pure and simple.

Last edited:
Make the countdown top 8 and only they can get points in the countdown. The rest eligible for $ and Wallys But don’t impact the championship. Solves that problem.

Well it was a little tongue in cheek. I just hate that the rich guys can manipulate the countdown by entering a car that had provided no entertainment value or accomplishment during the year, but is capable of running just about as a fast an anyone competing for the championship. They get to knock off a top team or take a dive when running a teammate. At a minimum, I wish teammates could not run each other.

Well it was a little tongue in cheek. I just hate that the rich guys can manipulate the countdown by entering a car that had provided no entertainment value or accomplishment during the year, but is capable of running just about as a fast an anyone competing for the championship. They get to knock off a top team or take a dive when running a teammate. At a minimum, I wish teammates could not run each other.
So would you be opposed to say Tripp Tatum (a de-facto Capco clone) coming out and running the last three races? Or what if Capco or Pruett and Tony Stewart called up TJ Zizzo and said, we'll cut you a check for (x) dollars to come out west and run Vegas and Pomona. You talk about entertainment value, another high quality car in the show makes qualifying more interesting and adds to raceday especially if Billy lines up against one of Steve's points competitors.

The fact of the matter is that Kalitta has Langdon available as a blocker, Force has Prock. Salians will possibly have a second car whether its his daughter or Travis Shumake in Vegas or Pomona so having Billy out there as a blocker is evening the field so to speak.

Still hate the countdown, I know big surprise. A fix for it though would be only top 8 make it and they are all on the same side of the ladder.
Other 8 spots are for non-countdown cars. Final round is for prize money and the trophy, no points. First 3 rounds on both sides are for points.
Nothing will completely end diving or blockers but this, I think, would help

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back