Besides Drag Racing what other sports, etc interest or bore you? (1 Viewer)

Besides Drag racing I enjoy wakeboarding the most as far as participation goes! I come from a long line of competitive waterskiers, so myself and my cousins all skied, kneeboarded and wakeboarded together growing up. We always say that our boat kept our family so "close knit" as we were always together!!! Growing up, we would do our homework in the car on the way to the lake 3-4 days a week!!!
My youngest cousin Tom is the only one that really pursued anything pro and it has paid off well for him! He just won his first Pro World Championship this past month in Orlando and did the German cable park tour and swept every single event!!! As you can guess, we are all very proud of him!!!
Her is a link of him in action at an event in the Phillipines where he placed second!
Wakeboardingmag.com Videos :: Video :: The CWC In The Philippines
Tim, that is just insane! I grew up around a lake too. A few of the older kids got into wakeboarding a lot too. They didn't hit it that hard tho.

If you can bet on it, I will like it. Thats what my wife says but its not true.

I'm a huge sports fan in general but tennis, soccer, and hockey I cant ever seem to get into. I guess since I'm from Texas. I am a huge Football fan, doesnt matter if its Pee Wee to the Pros, same with baseball and golf. Bowling, bull riding, and anthing racing ofcourse.

I watch Football (Patriots) and Baseball (Red Sox) now and then, but I am a huge college hockey fan (Providence College Friars). I am a season ticket holder and attend all home games, and a few away games each year. I will usually attend the NCAA Northeast Regionals and try to get to the Frozen Four as often as possible.

Pro Hockey is OK, but it's great watching the kids play..

I love college and pro football. Obviously anyone following the college football thread knows I'm a life long, die hard Michigan Wolverine fan. Although a native Michigander my favorite pro team is the Washington Redskins. Never lived there but I've been a fan since I was maybe 10 ( over 30+ years of loyality now). I always get geeked when I can double up and see a Wolverine and a Redskins game on the same weekend. Defense rules in my book. Low scoring HARD hitting slobber knocker games- turn me on!

I'm a Redwings and Tigers fan. Try to get to as many games as possible.

I enjoy watching NASCAR races and I attend them in Michigan and in Chicago. However that is as far as my NASCAR loyalty goes. It's entertainment for me where as NHRA is my passion and lust!

I like watching and playing golf.
I try to get into the weight room at least 4 or 5 times a week. I love weight training!

I'm not a big basketball fan and I HATE soccer!

Football, mostly college even thought BCS drives me insane. Any thing with a motor. I've been watching a lot of Rugby and Formula 1 lately because that's what I get on my SkyPerfecTV dish. I bowl and watch bowling (The Japanese love bowling therefore its on TV every weekend) I can't watch baseball, I've tried but its too slow.

S/F
D

I am a sports junkie

Drag racing is #1 by far. I can watch other motorsports but they're just not as exciting. Nascar is boring to me, I'll watch the Indy 500 because of the history but if I sit down to watch any of those types of races I end up falling asleep. I'm not a nitro snob, I love it all. Give me drag racing, from national events or taking my daily driver to the king of street races at Milan and every where in between.

Football is big. Detroit Lions, Raiders and Colts are who I root for...yes in that order even. I'm also a big Michigan fan. The Super Bowl is a Holiday in my house. My kids learn at a very young age that daddy get loud when football is on. I'm the guy jumping up and cheering. Luckily I've been able to stop the jumping up and screaming at the refs part :D Youngest is 18 months, she knows when to yell GO GO GO and Go Blue

Basketball, Hockey and even baseball. All the Detroit teams. I'm not into baseball as much as I once was, the strike in the 90's really turned me off and then the steroids, and Bonds. It's on so I pay a little attention but if the game disappeared tomorrow I wouldn't mind.

Two years ago when I turned 30 my buddy talked me into joing an over 30 soccer league. Hadn't played, had no clue about rules or strategy but thought what the heck. 2 years later I like the sport now, still have no idea what I'm doing but I have a knack for getting some ugly goals in the indoor leagues (also play outdoor too)

Hmm, my handle back when we had "handles" on the Mater was "f1luvr" so I'll admit to being an F1 fan - have watched it since '77 and although I'm distressed by the changes to it I still love the scene and intrigue of it. I fondly remember my trips to Montreal for the Canadian Grand Prix (96-00) and would love to be able to go back.

Other motorsports that I like are: ChampCar (but it's lost a lot due to the split), Indy 500, Le Mans, and sprint cars. Our dirt track had its first WoO event this summer and it was awesome. The only NASCAR I watch is Daytona.

As far as stick and ball, nothing really - I'm a pretty big "homer" and cheer on our Eskimos (CFL football), and Oilers (NHL). Other than that, I really don't care for non-motor sports (except the Olympics where I'm glued to the screen for 2 weeks...)

In order of preference:

Drag Racing
Hockey (NJ Devils! - I have NHL Center Ice)
Drag Racing
Football (NY Giants)
Drag Racing
Baseball (NY Mets - Ouch!)
Drag Racing
NASCAR

In order of preference:

Drag Racing
Hockey (NJ Devils! - I have NHL Center Ice)
Drag Racing
Football (NY Giants)
Drag Racing
Baseball (NY Mets - Ouch!)
Drag Racing
NASCAR

GO BIG BLUE! Now if only the cowgirls can lose the next few, and the giants can keep doing what they've been doing.

And as far as the mets... well I have really nothing to say. :mad:

Nice to see some love for hockey around here, just played my first game of the year last night. I held off for awhile thinking I just don't have it in me anymore but the beers after the game last night were just to good. Looks like I'll have to stick it out another year........;)

Nice to see some love for hockey around here, just played my first game of the year last night. I held off for awhile thinking I just don't have it in me anymore but the beers after the game last night were just to good. Looks like I'll have to stick it out another year........;)

Same thing happens to me every year Dave. I told them to quit having beer drinking nights at the arena! Once I get on the ice I'm pretty glad though. My beer-drinking team has a hockey problem.

The NY Giants have a fan???

What kind of question is that? :rolleyes: In every Giants away game they always have a whole slew of fans of Big Blue in the stands. I bet if the Giants were playing in Miami instead of London Dolphins stadium would be full of mostly Giants fans, after all who the hell wants to see the Dolphins?

What kind of question is that? :rolleyes: In every Giants away game they always have a whole slew of fans of Big Blue in the stands. I bet if the Giants were playing in Miami instead of London Dolphins stadium would be full of mostly Giants fans, after all who the hell wants to see the Dolphins?

Sam I'm just messing with you yankee lovers out there. Since you took a swipe at my boyz with the "cowgirls" comment I thought I'd retaliate! Being a lifelong boyz fan, I cant help but fulfill my obligation to NY Giant bashing in some shape, form, or fashion! Seriously though, I think they are better than they have played, especially in the beginning of the year and even more honestly Big D's defense (notably pass def) sucks and has me worried.

My wife is a lifelong Cowgirls fan & I'm a lifelong Giants fan... yeah, it's a little chilly in the Carlon household at least twice a year! To her credit though, she became a fan when Tom Landry was running a respectable organization, so I don't hold it against her too much. But I hear ya Justin - as lifelong fans of our respective teams, we're bred to despise each other's as well as Philadelphia's & Washington's teams. The NFC east is going to come down to the wire this year...

Hockey rules! My good friend and I debate all the time about who's tougher - football players or hockey players. I explain that our guys play 82 regular season games and as many as 28 playoff games (vs. 16 & four) in a single season. Additionally, our 220 lb fella's rumble into each other with great speed created on a sharp skate blade with next to know friction, rather than from a standstill at the line of scrimmage. That said, I agree that some open field hits in football are bone crushing, there's no question about that. Still hockey players are, at least in my humble mind, tougher than football players. Maybe not by much, but togher nonetheless.

P.S. I almost forgot - I hate the Yankees! Go Mets (even if you did collapse this year.)

The Miami Dolphins will host the New York Giants on Oct. 28 at London's Wembley Stadium in the first NFL regular-season game to be played outside of North America.

NFL Events: International Series

I've always loved car racing of all sorts. Although drag racing is my favorite form of motorsports I do watch NASCAR and others. (If offered a pair of tickets to NHRA, NASCAR, F1, or Indy style event, but could only pick one pair, I'd pick NHRA every time.) I also enjoy attending the local circle tracks here, Elko Speedway, and Raceway Park.

I'm also interested in warbirds, unlimited aircraft racing, WW2 history, ham radio (call sign KCØTRZ), weather spotting and model aircraft building.

I enjoy listening to classical music and jazz.

I love baseball. I do watch the Minnesota Vikings, but it's been a bit frustrating watching them snatch defeat from the jaws of victory so far this season. But the Wild are off to a great start. The paper lists them as 7-0, but that can't be right, as I seem to remember them losing at least one game in the regular season. even though, that's a great way to start the season. I can not tolerate soccer. It is one of the most boring sports in the world to watch.:rolleyes:

The Miami Dolphins will host the New York Giants on Oct. 28 at London's Wembley Stadium in the first NFL regular-season game to be played outside of North America.

NFL Events: International Series

And no offense but this is a MISTAKE on the NFL's part. The NFL Europe folded up because they could not get a steady audience. Supposedly, 90% of the people that are going to the game are going out of curiosity and don't even know the rules.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back