Besides Drag Racing what other sports, etc interest or bore you? (1 Viewer)

Hutch

Nitro Member
l watch College Football, American Football & Superbike racing on TV. l go to the Royal lnternational Air Tattoo (RIAT),Royal Air Force Charitable Trust Enterprises the world's biggest military airshow at RAF Fairford, England.

l can't stand Soccer, Formula One, Cricket. That's all l can remember for the time being.

Bull ridin/ Rodeo #1! Motocross, dirt motorsports and NASCAR. All other sports are OK but don't hold my interest much.

Hockey, Hockey and more Hockey. I can tolerate everything else with the exception of soccer. I would rather spoon my own eyeballs out with a teaspoon than watch a soccer game.

I'll watch most any racing except for NASCAR. A little football around playoffs time,superbowl I skip the game & catch the commercials. Mild interest for baseball.For the most part I'm not a big sports kinda guy.

Although I used to have season tickets for the Seattle Seahawks and Seattle Mariners, I haven't watched football or baseball for years. Other than NHRA drag racing the only other sport I follow is hockey. I have season tickets to our local WHL team (Everett Silvertips) and I subscribe to NHL Center Ice so I can follow the Vancouver Canucks. I also subscribe to XM in order to listen to the NHL Home Ice channel.

That said, during the summer I do attend sprint races at Skagit Speedway, which is our local dirt track. Last year the World of Outlaws came to Skagit and I saw them race for the first time. This year they returned again and I thoroughly enjoyed the racing. I can definitely see myself becoming a fan of those winged sprinters.

Drag racing is my favorite sport but I also like watching football (pro only), my favorite team is he NY Giants. Other than that I'm not much of a sports guy, I also like to watch monster truck racing and tractor pulling.

Reno Air Races, college hockey live, NY Giants (for the rollercoaster effect..:p), pro ramp skateboarding, my kid's Little League, road course motorsports...

Participate in: surfing, ice hockey, downhill/slalom skateboarding, pick-up basketball, football or baseball games while out on tour

EDIT: After being in Europe last year for the World Cup, as well as touring with my fair share of teabags :D, I can say that I do/can sit through a good European Football game as well

Last edited:
Any and ALL motorsports.

I'm just a sports junkie, period! Although I'm not a fan of soccer, if there is nothing else on, i'll "watch" it.

(Men's) College lacrosse is exciting too.

I like college football much more than pro. I like soccer, mostly b/c I played a lot and see it different. I like IRL and pretty much anything. I will watch NASCAR. But, that usually means naptime halfway through.
I can't stand baseball or basketball.

i used to love watching baseball, football and basketball, but nowadays these high paid primadonnas dont hustle at all, and basketball is the worst. there more worried about making dunks than playing the game the right way. it doesnt suprise me that we get out butts kicked in the olympics in basketball now. the NBA stands for no basketball anymore imo. but we always got our good ole drag racing!!!!!!

In my world, there's just 2 sports seasons, and luckilly they compliment each other quite well on the calendar so I'm covered the entire year. NHRA Pro Drag Racing - and NCAA Men's Ice Hockey. Most of you probably know that I am one of the bigger "Hillagrublitta" fans. I'm also involved with the NCAA/WCHA hockey program here at the University Of Denver.

Motor sports and hockey.I watch the 1st lap of an F-1 race just so I know who wins!!;););)

HA!
you wouldn't have known that from today's season ending race.
Although you are right usually.

what a finish for F1 .

and they did it without a 'countdown'.

I like F1 as much as drag racing. the strategies, the technology, it's very interesting.

I also like baseball. I especially liked it last night...:)

Football! Mostly Pro, but I like watching the Lobos play. I like watching the kids play soccer and basketball.

I'm a sports junkie. I have Colts season tickets. I try to make it to some Pacers games, even though they're not very good. I also love the Cubs and sometimes I'll make the quick trip to Cincy to see a Reds game. Being in Indy, I live for Colts home games and the US Nationals.

i follow pretty much every major Pro sport.....along with College Football (GO IRISH) and to some degree college basketball....I follow NASCAR but don't really watch that much....Being a Chicago boy it's all about DA BEARS, WHITE SOX!!! (very anti cubs :)), the bulls and when it comes to hockey i don't really have a team that i root for, partially because we don't have professional hockey in Chicago, we have the Blackhawks

only sport i can't follow is soccer (and that opinion is based completely on ignorance of the sport!)

like to watch:
F1 racing for same reasons stated by bob cole.
MN Vikings football (every year i get hurt falling off the same bandwagon)
extreme sports (unbelievable coordination skills)

am fairly accomplished:
beer drinker
hockey player
pool player
snow skier
skateboarder
golfer (ok - how about just fair)
tennis player

wish i could:
surf
sail
speak other language/s
find more free time

would love to someday see:
the reno air races
boneville salt flat speed runs
a bull fight
as many tropical destinations as possible

what sports i know little about but wish i did:
cricket
australian football
rugby

Besides Drag racing I enjoy wakeboarding the most as far as participation goes! I come from a long line of competitive waterskiers, so myself and my cousins all skied, kneeboarded and wakeboarded together growing up. We always say that our boat kept our family so "close knit" as we were always together!!! Growing up, we would do our homework in the car on the way to the lake 3-4 days a week!!!
My youngest cousin Tom is the only one that really pursued anything pro and it has paid off well for him! He just won his first Pro World Championship this past month in Orlando and did the German cable park tour and swept every single event!!! As you can guess, we are all very proud of him!!!
Her is a link of him in action at an event in the Phillipines where he placed second!
Wakeboardingmag.com Videos :: Video :: The CWC In The Philippines

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back