Bazemore / Toyota (1 Viewer)

I guess we do get a little edgy on that issue. I will say I've accepted the fact that the GM and Ford floppers have used Chrylser (style) HEMI's to compete. I consider that a compliment of sort. I realize this may be a little bit of a double standart, but if the sticker on Baze's digger does in fact say it's "powered by", that's where I have the problem. Toyota comes out of the woods to start getting involved in our sport, which is FINE with me, but then refers to American powered vehicles as their own power. That's over the line with me.
I don't think it's that great of a compliment in Force's Ford's case. The reason that Ford floppers use the Chrysler design is that NHRA has outlawed the Ford-based motor.

All of Dodge's current Hemi motors being used in there new car/truck lineups are all made/assembled in Mexico, but nobody seems to mind. Idont see what the big deal is about a "powered by Toyota" decal... it is powered by Toyota dollars!

I don't think it's that great of a compliment in Force's Ford's case. The reason that Ford floppers use the Chrysler design is that NHRA has outlawed the Ford-based motor.

And you can bet your booty that, if Toyota built a pure race motor (in NHRA or NASCRAP), it would be outlawed too.
Criminy, we can't even get fuel injection in Pro-Stock. Can you imagine the squawk if ANYBODY put together a 4 valve / quad cam Pro-Stock OR Top Fuel motor.
All the racing groups (rightly or wrongly may be arguable)want to "level the playing field" and PART of that HAS to be a concern for costs.

BTW: We live in a world economy today - like it or not - we have to deal with it and find what we (as a nation) do best in the big marketplace. I'm glad Toyota makes Trucks and Camrys in Tennessee.

And you can bet your booty that, if Toyota built a pure race motor (in NHRA or NASCRAP), it would be outlawed too.

Toyota already has a NASCAR race motor. There has been Toyota's in the truck series for a couple years, and they are debuting with the NExtel Cup series this year.

If you go thru Titan Motorsports site, they have some videos of their 7 sec street tire car and 6 sec cars. I think their blocks are still Toyota, but infused with a lot of made in America parts. I think they still use the inline 6, but..... Anyways, here is the link:

Race Car / Events

UHH...Update here folks... Not many floppers or fuelers have genuine Mopar parts on them either :eek: .. We all know this, and it is all good. You're pretty hard pressed to be able to build a nitro motor with a majority of the parts available from ANY manufacturer, so the fact that Titan is going rounds and kickin ass with a Japanese based powerplant is pretty damn cool, but its all still just internal combustion mixing with cubic dollars that gets you that kind of performance.

Personally, I'd love to see what AJ could do with some of Titan's technology converting over to pop... And then wrap it in a Solara body and make things REALLY interesting! :cool:

Oh, wait... He does race over at "No Hot Rods Allowed"....:rolleyes:

I drive a Hemi Magnum and race a BBC powered dragster, but if Toyota called me and said we want to power your digger with a TRD motor with sponsorship, I would say let's do it. I love to go fast. I love the feeling and don't care if it is in Dodge, Chevy or even a 'yota...

Not a neckcar fan, but are the Waltrip's unamerican because they race Toyota's? I don't think so.

I don't actually know what it really ses because I can't find good enough pic to find out , but I think it ses Whit Bazemore then Toyota underneath it . I dont think it ses powered by.

Fact. On the cover of ND photo shows clearly Whit Bazemore over TOYOTA.
Best of Luck to Whit and the DPM team.

WOW!! I saw the WORD toyota below Whit Bazemore on the side of the car and asked the question on another thread a few weeks ago... Nowhere did I see POWERED BY- Take a blue pill and relax man... It will be o.k.;)
Johnny Mopar? You o.k. now Bro??
I was a little worried you were off your meds again man... lol;) ;)

Last edited:
Someone told me that another NASCAR driver (I am not sure who) said something to this effect (and I can't 100% know the quote, but you'll get the gist of it)

What's the difference between driving a Toyota built in America or a Dodge built in Mexico?

Johnny Mopar? You o.k. now Bro??
I was a little worried you were off your meds again man... lol;) ;)

I guess I'll be fine...I just haven't found my meds in a couple days. I hope you guys didn't notice...

I guess I'm just an old dog...thanks for putting up with my rant. I think I learned that it really doesn't matter...thanks for taking it easy on me...

D, we could probably start telling Pattaya stories, but unless I missed it Nitromater.com doesn't have a XXX section...:rolleyes:

Well we'd have to keep it clean for the kids. Also we don't want too many more Farang running around and driving up the price of life.:D

D

I guess we do get a little edgy on that issue. I will say I've accepted the fact that the GM and Ford floppers have used Chrylser (style) HEMI's to compete. I consider that a compliment of sort.

I suppose Harry Westlake (or at least his ghost if he's dead) really takes it as a compliment...

Sorry man. I just like poking at Mopar guys every so. All in jest...All in jest

That is such a bunch of S##T....if it really does say that, they should have to run one of toyota's weak little motors in it and see what it does! I am sooooo tired of these floppers, and now diggers, referring to a manufacturer that NEVER made a motor that even slightly resembles what they're using.

I'm OK with toyota giving him some money to burn, but don't mislead consumers by saying it's powered by toyota. That's a total LIE!!!!

Do you REALLY think that anyone is stupid enough to think that an 8000 horespower Fuel Dragster is powered by a little rice burning Toyota...? It is quite apparent to me, and anyone else with half-a-brain that it isn't, so I don't see it as misleading....Also, if TOYOTA came up to you and offered YOU $200,000-$300,000 to put their decal on YOUR car, would you tell them, "No....Sorry..I don't agree with cashing this check to put your decal on my racecar...?" C'mon...be serious...!

Last edited:
Do you REALLY think that anyone is stupid enough to think that an 8000 horespower Fuel Dragster is powered by a little rice burning Toyota...? It is quite apparent to me, and anyone else with half-a-brain that it isn't, so I don't see it as misleading....Also, if TOYOTA came up to you and offered YOU $200,000-$300,000 to put their decal on YOUR car, would you tell them, "No....Sorry..I don't agree with cashing this check to put your decal on my racecar...?" C'mon...be serious...!

I have a Chevy, a GMC, and a "rice burning Toyota". Yesterday that rice burning Toyota pulled out a Chevy and cattle trailer with 6 calves and a cow loaded. Just a sidebar.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back