Bazemore / Toyota (1 Viewer)

Maybe someone can get a close up shot, but I believe it simply says 'TOYOTA', not powered by Toyota....

Which company got the profit from the sale of that chevrolet truck?Alot of the parts for american made cars are made in different parts of the world,Canada,Mexico-and who knows where else! the point is buy American if possible within the product range you are looking at,be it cars or toys!

There was a recent article in a car or truck magazine regarding how much 'American' are in vehicles....Ford was the leader (I think) with like 57%....but not as much as we would have hoped.

There was a recent article in a car or truck magazine regarding how much 'American' are in vehicles....Ford was the leader (I think) with like 57%....but not as much as we would have hoped.

I believe most manufacturers now post (on the window sticker) the percentage of parts made in America. It's not a good figure if you want an 'American' vehicle.

I just want to see a Toyota vehicle, with a Toyota motor make a pass. I don't care what they do to the car or the motor. Just be honest about it. My guess is they don't make anything that will run quicker than 15:00 flat. I guess that's why they want to use an American V-8 design and then call it a Toyota, or say it's 'powered by Toyota'.

I just want to see a Toyota vehicle, with a Toyota motor make a pass. I don't care what they do to the car or the motor. Just be honest about it. My guess is they don't make anything that will run quicker than 15:00 flat. I guess that's why they want to use an American V-8 design and then call it a Toyota, or say it's 'powered by Toyota'.

If you go thru Titan Motorsports site, they have some videos of their 7 sec street tire car and 6 sec cars. I think their blocks are still Toyota, but infused with a lot of made in America parts. I think they still use the inline 6, but..... Anyways, here is the link:

Race Car / Events

Last edited:

I guess you've never heard of Craig Paisley. He used to drive a Celica Supra that was kick-a$$, and he had (has?) a Toyota powered Tundra truck that runs in the 7's.

By your line of logic concerning Funny Cars, shouldn't those "Ford" and "Chevy" Funny Cars be running Ford and Chevy engines? :p

By your line of logic concerning Funny Cars, shouldn't those "Ford" and "Chevy" Funny Cars be running Ford and Chevy engines? :p

I know...it's a little bit of a double standard. I got over the Fords and Chevy's using Chrysler HEMI's about 20 years ago. I guess I'll get over the Toyota's using HEMI's in another 20 years. (just kidding)

The thing that cranked me up was the post of Baze's digger having a sticker that said 'powered by toyota'. That's nothing short of a LIE!

I guess you've never heard of Craig Paisley. He used to drive a Celica Supra that was kick-a$$, and he had (has?) a Toyota powered Tundra truck that runs in the 7's.

IF you ask me I'd say YES they should be running a FORD or GM engine. IF NHRA would allow it I do believe that JFR has a FORD TOP FUEL engine.. Now GM just needs to step up!!! :) :)

That is such a bunch of S##T....if it really does say that, they should have to run one of toyota's weak little motors in it and see what it does! I am sooooo tired of these floppers, and now diggers, referring to a manufacturer that NEVER made a motor that even slightly resembles what they're using.

I'm OK with toyota giving him some money to burn, but don't mislead consumers by saying it's powered by toyota. That's a total LIE!!!!
WOW!! I saw the WORD toyota below Whit Bazemore on the side of the car and asked the question on another thread a few weeks ago... Nowhere did I see POWERED BY- Take a blue pill and relax man... It will be o.k.;)

I can't wait for the 2007 Chicago Auto Show. Those 500 inch 2007 Chevy Cobalts should be something to see.:rolleyes:

Who knows...with Toyota's NASCAR program, it might be just a matter of time before they develop a 500CI for a Pro Stock prgram....

Let's see, hypothetically speaking, I'm a team owner you can call me David Powers. I need support vehicles, I call GM and they say sorry, no more budget, I call Dodge and they say, you should have called me last week. I call Toyota and say I need a couple of tow cars and run around vehicles to use with my two car Top Fuel Team? Toyota says. ”No problem, we can handle that, we just need a sticker on the cars”.

What would your answer be?

Keep in mind this is just a hypothetical.

Alan

Last edited:
Let's see, hypothetically speaking, I'm a team owner you can call me David Powers. I need support vehicles, I call GM and they say sorry, no more budget, I call Dodge and they say, you should have called me last week. I call Toyota and say I need a couple of tow cars and run around vehicles to use with my two car Top Fuel Team? Toyota says. ”No problem, we can handle that, we just need a sticker on the cars”.

Alan

Well, since this is hypothetical, I'd try Kia to see if I could get a few bucks with the vehicles. That would help with Fuller's employment for the rest of the year. ;)

Re: Bazemore / "Powered by Toyota"

Alan....it's the "powered by toyota" that has my drawers in a knot. I stated in an earlier post that I'm fine with them burning some of toyota's money, just don't LIE to the consumer and say that you're powered by them. There are 'truth in advertising' laws that come in to play in situations like this. If the sticker in fact says 'powered by toyota', they can and should be made to change it.

How 'bout a new decal that says..."Money by toyota"?

I don't actually know what it really ses because I can't find good enough pic to find out , but I think it ses Whit Bazemore then Toyota underneath it . I dont think it ses powered by.

Alan
excellent point alan, this is a buisness. if i was team owner id put a- powered by kia -sticker on my flopper. whatever brings in the money to keep our sport going. we all know what their powered by. the mopar guys get a litlle on edge with that stuff:D

the mopar guys get a litlle on edge with that stuff:D

I guess we do get a little edgy on that issue. I will say I've accepted the fact that the GM and Ford floppers have used Chrylser (style) HEMI's to compete. I consider that a compliment of sort. I realize this may be a little bit of a double standart, but if the sticker on Baze's digger does in fact say it's "powered by", that's where I have the problem. Toyota comes out of the woods to start getting involved in our sport, which is FINE with me, but then refers to American powered vehicles as their own power. That's over the line with me.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back