Bazemore Interview (1 Viewer)

While I'm hardly a Whit fan, the qualifying idea is outstanding.

As it is, there is one session where all the fun is, and the rest are futile -- everybody either "strikes the hides" or can't run the number.

Ever brought a newbie to a Saturday session and all anyone can say time and again is "you shoulda been here last night". Not much of an intro to the sport.

I like the idea of a sum of the four, or how about sum of best 3 of 4 (toss out one run of your choice). Or the average? Would make every qualifying session count.

I LOVE IT!

That would be better, but even at that, I still think it would be JFR, the Pedregons or DSR leading the field going into Sunday with that scenario. Of course the lower funded teams, like Densham, could still make the field, but I don't see them getting the pole.

I am just not for aggregate times in qualifying.

Let's say they make it the sum of 3 or 4 runs, if someone strikes the tires, they are going to have to pedal it to try keep a lower ET in stead of clicking it off as they do now. Pedalling the car = more broken aluminum = more money for parts = more stuff on the track.

I agree with Crhis on the qualifying issues.

I am a Whit fan, our ole buddy Roger made me a convert, I may not always agree with him but this sport does need some life, a little less pc and people willing to speak up for the good of the sport. Plus he doesn't like the countdown so that just proves he good people :)

Great article

really don't think there's any new revelations in this interview;
same thoughts IMO are shared by many in sport........

i want to read more interviews with owners like g. densham, t. foley,
d. tuttle, a. hartley, j. dunn, b. bode, t. wilkerson, etc.
talk to the people who are puttin' the big dough on the line to fill
these shows and entertain us.

Anyone whose racing career starts with mom driving him to the track as a teen, hustles and sacrifices, has been on fire at 1000 feet more than TC has been to his local donut shop and puts eyes on the TV screen deserves to have his opinion considered very seriously.

Disregarding his intelligence and perspective must be done at the sport's own peril.

Mark

While I disagree with Whit's qualifying opinion, I agree with everything else, especially his "position of strength" comments.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back