Baker wins Outlaw Winter Nationals (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Holt, Fl. – After taking the top qualifying position at the Emerald Coast Outlaw Winter Nationals, 2008 NHRA Promod Rookie of the Year Joe Baker bested his competition and took home a resounding event victory, the first in the 3-round ECHO (Emerald Coast Heads Up Outlaw) Series.

”This is just great,” said an elated Baker after the race. “We stayed to our game plan for this race, and it worked. We were up against cold weather and a cold track, just like everyone else. We didn’t put down any big numbers, remained consistent throughout, and it paid off.”

Baker qualified No.1 after making a stellar 4.05, 180 mph pass and backed it up with a 4.02, 182 mph lap while defeating Mike Neal during the second round of eliminations.

In the finals, Baker recorded a 4.07, 177 mph to win the event.

”I have a really good feeling about this season and we are off to a good start. We were fortunate to win the Heads Up Nationals finale held here last year and to come out and win the first promod race of the season is just incredible. Now that we have gotten the first win for 2009, I’m sure it’s just going to make us hungrier for more.”

In 2009, Baker will compete in the Get Screened America Promod Challenge for M.A.R. (Mike Ashley Racing) and select IHRA events. After a successful Valdosta test session with crew chief Chuck Ford, the team is more than ready for the season. The team posted a 5.936, 243.90 with the new Tim McAmis built 68’ Camaro.

”The new season is already here and I feel that we are ready. Chuck Ford and our crew have been working hard to get this

Attachments

• Baker_EC091.jpg
    Baker_EC091.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 12
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back