Baker Suffers Early Loss in Vegas, Named 2008 Rookie of the Year (1 Viewer)

Joe Baker is more than pleased with his rookie season in the 2008 JEGS Promod Challenge. After winning the first two series' events, competitors and fans then knew that he would be a force to recon with and a front-runner of Rookie of the Year.

After qualifying strong at the ACDelco Las Vegas Nationals, Baker managed to finish seventh in the series' points, despite his first round lost against Joshua Hernandez.

On Sunday, Baker was presented the 2008 JEGS Promod Challenge Rookie of the Year award while being recognized for his impressive season performance. Baker was also awarded for finishing top ten in the points.

"It is an honor to receive this award," Baker said. "We had our ups and downs this year but overall it was a great season. I want to thank my team, Roger Burgess for giving me a ride, JEGS, Tim Tindle, Ohio Crankshaft, and all other series supporters. We will definitely be back next year."

Baker will wrap up his season at this weekend's 1st Annual Heads Up Outlaw Nationals at Emerald Coast Dragway, Holt, Fl.

Photo by Roger Richards.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back