Bacardi buys Patron (1 Viewer)

Here's my favorite comparison, and you can do your own math.
In seconds, like your watch goes tick tock, tick tock......
1 Million seconds is 11.5 days (Feel free to count them)
1 Billion seconds is over 31 years.
So if you have a Billion Dollars you can spend a million every 11.5 days and you won't go broke for over 31 years. If you never made another dollar.

Alan

So, you are using Pro Stock as an example?

OK, I just want a motor home & enuf $$$ to spend for one year going to the drags every week. That's all I'm asking. :) Cross country.

My wife and I are doing that next season, finally got everything lined up so starting in Pomona in 2019. Depending on what happens with Etown might be one less event. Dodge Cummins and a 5th wheel.
We live in Ohio so we can get home a few times to check on things.

Funny thing is, Alan, if you knew John Paul or Alexis you never would have guessed they are that stout. I used to have some fun with John Paul in the staging lanes, and Alexis spent some time in my trailer Sunday night in Las Vegas 2009 after we raced against her in the finals. One of my crew members, Big Mike, jokingly said after Alexis left our pit area that the collective net worth of our pit just decreased by a few billion dollars. I told him unfortunately it was true!

Very True, when Alexis won Indy JP was there and he jumped into the mosh pit! I don't know many with his net worth that would do that. But he was literally just one of the guys. When later in the press room he talked about it, Alexis said: "Oh God, Did anybody punch you?" He said, yes, someone did and it was GREAT!

I hope they both come visit us a time or two this year....
Alan

I'm not a tech junkie I just got a Galaxy guy just got the S8 because my S4 started telling me that without an OS upgrade it wouldn't run airline apps anymore. If I could, I'd still have the Star-Tac LoL

I just think it's cool that Jannard went to another industry that told him he couldn't possibly build anything better than what they had and he's doing it.

Alan

My wife and I are doing that next season, finally got everything lined up so starting in Pomona in 2019. Depending on what happens with Etown might be one less event. Dodge Cummins and a 5th wheel.
We live in Ohio so we can get home a few times to check on things.

This is cool! Do all of us Maters a favor and send reports once in awhile on where ya went. If you get a chance, go to Lonestar Raceway, in Denton, Texas. 1/8 mile track, famous for AA/FA vs Pro Mod races. Have seen these on U Tube; would love to go in person.

a .02 guess is red is going in direction/s that apple may have been looking at? maybe beat them to it? surely samsung was
not going in that same direction. samsung has for the most part been copiers of apple smart phone technology, not innovators.
(and paid hefty fines over the years to be that way) ......also. apple exclusively sells one of red's cameras as of last summer.
the two companies are more than just aware of each other. like you alan. i will continue to follow this new phone. see what
happens with all these companies involved with this new holographic technology. can't justify it's purchase yet, but it sure would be cool to own one of the first models. i'm guessing the camera and video capabilities mite be second to none rite out of the gate, especially because i think it's a modular phone, i.e. changeable parts (think lens').

oh yeah. the thread.......had sum bacardi diets over the weekend. no patron tequila :D

I suppose you realize that you're responding to Bob's post which was made last January?
Yes I do. When does it stop? Dad does not do as much damage as he used to. Not to mention layoff. He has family that sees this stuff it does get old. I know I do not have to read it. But come on.

Yes I do. When does it stop? Dad does not do as much damage as he used to. Not to mention layoff. He has family that sees this stuff it does get old. I know I do not have to read it. But come on.
Unfortunately you only bring more attention to it by calling someone out. Most people probably forget those type of posts two seconds after they read it but not when someone close to the subject brings it back up. I think he and a lot of the other part timers have been doing a wonderful job that last couple of seasons.

Unfortunately you only bring more attention to it by calling someone out. Most people probably forget those type of posts two seconds after they read it but not when someone close to the subject brings it back up. I think he and a lot of the other part timers have been doing a wonderful job that last couple of seasons.

Especially when it's long forgotten 5 months ago and her post brings it back to page one.

IMO you should be very proud of your Dad, the best? no, but out there trying at XX years old, I hear mid 80's. My Dad raced flat track motorcycle till he was 74 years old, everyone one thought he was crazy. He would always say once he put on the leathers and helmet, threw his leg over the bike he was 25 again, the playing field was leveled. The next oldest guys were in their 40's.
Personally I would love to have the opportunity/funding/nerve to blow up a TF car..
Remember most complaining have never gotten past sitting in the stands.
I'd rather be a has been then a never was...............

P.S. I know an engineer that has worked with your Dad and he said your Dad is a really neat guy.

IMO you should be very proud of your Dad, the best? no, but out there trying at XX years old, I hear mid 80's. My Dad raced flat track motorcycle till he was 74 years old, everyone one thought he was crazy. He would always say once he put on the leathers and helmet, threw his leg over the bike he was 25 again, the playing field was leveled. The next oldest guys were in their 40's.
Personally I would love to have the opportunity/funding/nerve to blow up a TF car..
Remember most complaining have never gotten past sitting in the stands.
I'd rather be a has been then a never was...............

P.S. I know an engineer that has worked with your Dad and he said your Dad is a really neat guy.

I am extremely proud of my dad. Is is amazing. Dad is 75 the Greek is 86. Dad is very cool, when is not being my dad, lol. Even when he is. I had a blast racing with him. I miss it often. But, I would miss my kids more.

I will heed the advice and not dredge up old garbage.

Enjoy the fumes.

Andrea, don’t mind the nonsense, we should all give major props to your dad and any of the pros out there filling out the field, especially the solo/independent guys out there trying to compete against the big pockets some of the teams have.

I spent some time at your dad's pit in Brainerd one year, Ended up standing there yakking with the guys for an hour. I was treated as though I was "one of the guys." They even gave me a used head gasket, which proudly hangs on my garage wall.

boy, the things you miss when your internet is down a few days.....

now to go find the thread bashing my favorite older racer because he hit another timing block this weekend....

Irregardless is not a word.

Definition of irregardless
nonstandard
: regardless

Is irregardless a word?

Irregardless was popularized in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its increasingly widespread spoken use called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that "there is no such word." There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless

It's also a cafe:

http://www.irregardless.com/

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back