Bacardi buys Patron (1 Viewer)

A billion is a thousand million. To say she quit over $4M a year is laughable. John Paul Dejoria is worth almost $4 billion

That was yesterday, double that today. And Good for Him! As I posted on twitter, nice guys don't always finish last.
JP is a good guy.......

Alan

P.S. Anybody keep up with Jim Jannard? I do. Google Hydrogen one

Alan Reinhart:

Let's not even think about Compounding Interest and what that would do for his fortune!!!!
And I agree with you John Paul is not only very smart and hard working but also a very nice person which to me means a great deal.

Jim Hill

www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

So how does that math work on my $11.27 in my pocket until payday :)

Glad to see nice guys do well and help others. I wonder if he wants to adopt a son :)

Here's my favorite comparison, and you can do your own math.
In seconds, like your watch goes tick tock, tick tock......
1 Million seconds is 11.5 days (Feel free to count them)
1 Billion seconds is over 31 years.
So if you have a Billion Dollars you can spend a million every 11.5 days and you won't go broke for over 31 years. If you never made another dollar.

Alan

Alan,
I love math also.

► 1000000 / (24 * 60 * 60) = 11.5741

► 1000000000 / (365 * 24 * 60 * 60) = 31.7098

Need to watch your rounding :)

Stan

Alan,
I love math also.

► 1000000 / (24 * 60 * 60) = 11.5741

► 1000000000 / (365 * 24 * 60 * 60) = 31.7098

Need to watch your rounding :)

Stan

Well Stan,

If you're going to nit pick, you missed a week as there will be 7 leap years in that equation! :D:D:rolleyes: LoL

Alan

Alan,

You are correct. I rounded when I should not have . :(

► 1000000000 / (365.25 * 24 * 60 * 60) = 31.6881

That is like I zigged when I should've zagged. :) lol

Stan

Alan,

You are correct. I rounded when I should not have . :(

► 1000000000 / (365.25 * 24 * 60 * 60) = 31.6881

That is like I zigged when I should've zagged. :) lol

Stan

I learned a long time ago that there are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't count. Remember that.:confused::confused::confused: LoL
Alan

I wasn't good at math when it came to algebra and x+y-z=? , but in the REAL WORLD I have to work with fractions in my head, decimals, inches, yards, feet.... and was also always the one guy who had to figure out the tip at lunch.

When you're measuring leather for an interior job and it costs $13.50 a square foot and you need to account for waste, do overs, how many pounds for shipping costs, etc. understanding math becomes really necessary.
I don't know how the newer generations are going to do after being allowed calculators in school (verboten in my day)

The computer geeks and scientists can keep their higher math...anything with imaginary numbers

if i had that kind of wealth, you wouldn't see me strapped into a fuel car......owning? maybe......driving? not a chance. but if you start, it's addictive. i get that....oh yeah. am happy for jp's sale. i hope there is enough agave in jalisco to match the growing int'l. demand for tequila.

Probably has a net worth of more than that. If he made 3.5 billion from the sale of Patron as was suggested in an earlier post you would h also have to add in the value of the Paul Mitchell company too plus other investmens he likely has. Increadibly smart business man and I am quite sure the funding would be "available" if Alexis ever decides to return to the sport.

I wasn't good at math when it came to algebra and x+y-z=? , but in the REAL WORLD I have to work with fractions in my head, decimals, inches, yards, feet.... and was also always the one guy who had to figure out the tip at lunch.

When you're measuring leather for an interior job and it costs $13.50 a square foot and you need to account for waste, do overs, how many pounds for shipping costs, etc. understanding math becomes really necessary.
I don't know how the newer generations are going to do after being allowed calculators in school (verboten in my day)

The computer geeks and scientists can keep their higher math...anything with imaginary numbers

Resident computer/math geek on the 'Mater here. Just wanted to say thanks for the kind words, Bob. LOL

Just remember, taking a square root is a radical activity.

a radical activity is surfin'....dude!

to me a square root is what you find under one of these...

12GMO1-jumbo.jpg

That was yesterday, double that today. And Good for Him! As I posted on twitter, nice guys don't always finish last.
JP is a good guy.......

Alan

P.S. Anybody keep up with Jim Jannard? I do. Google Hydrogen one

Funny thing is, Alan, if you knew John Paul or Alexis you never would have guessed they are that stout. I used to have some fun with John Paul in the staging lanes, and Alexis spent some time in my trailer Sunday night in Las Vegas 2009 after we raced against her in the finals. One of my crew members, Big Mike, jokingly said after Alexis left our pit area that the collective net worth of our pit just decreased by a few billion dollars. I told him unfortunately it was true!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back