Attention All Pro Stock Teams (1 Viewer)

Dougster

Nitro Member
From IHRA's web site today:

Effective 8-20-07 - Any Pro Stock competitor or team member who does not adhere to the mandated restricted area procedures will be subject to loss of privileges and championship points.

Every team has been issued 2 types of restricted area passes. The yellow pass which is reserved for designated crew chiefs is the only one that is permitted to be out of the professional viewing area for an extended period of time. Once your team car reaches the burnout area your team members may proceed to the track to perform the various tasks as needed. After your entry has made the pass, all of the additional crew members must return to the professional viewing area or leave the starting line area entirely.

I wonder why they felt the need to bring this up - has there been an incident or two of too many people on the line? Also in the article they had a picture of Patrick's car - is his crew the guilty party, or did they just pick it because it's a nice-looking car? Also, why is just PS being singled out?

At New England Dragway, I can't even see the cars until the pull up to stage, so there could be a mob around the water box and I wouldn't see them. I did hear race officials talk about having to have security clean out that area, didn't really notice which cars were running at the time.

I'm sure the reason for the notice is that people with crew passes have been using them to stand around the water box for an entire session instead of just when their car is preparing to run or making a pass. There is a designated viewing area for that, well away from the burnout boxes. At all tracks there is a line at the head of staging and if you want to stand past that line, you are supposed to either be in the designated viewing area or on one of the teams that are either in the water or on the track.

Both sanctioning bodies have similar rules, NHRA usually has a couple of track security people stationed there to enforce them and IHRA generally has one of their own people in that area checking credentials. Could be that somebody gave the security folks a little tongue action when they were told to move on in New England or Martin. So IHRA felt it necessary to remind the teams that there are rules and they should know what to do without being reminded at the track. In other words, a team is responsible for the behavior of those wearing that team's credentials and should know the rules that their people should follow.

Larry is right...Too many times team members stay after their run clogging up the area and making it difficult for others to see. Hopefully the teams will pay attention to these rules.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back