Ashley secures major sponsor for 2008 (1 Viewer)

I just read this and I agree this is great news considering the circumstances. Hopefully Mike will be able to find funding to race the 2nd car full time also.

Great news for Mikes team, I hope that he can get more sponsorship so he can get his ride for the year. Mike is just a great competitor and business man. I have a lot of respect for him and his super positive attitude.

good deal....hopefully there will be some more funding coming in to back the 2nd car

Pretty classy to put Melanie in the first funded car. Once again you show us how it should be done.

Good luck, and as you say, expect to win

Pretty classy to put Melanie in the first funded car. Once again you show us how it should be done.

Good luck, and as you say, expect to win

I agree, it would have been very easy to say, "well gee Mel, we'll keep looking for something for you but I'm going racin' now - see ya". I wouldn't think Mike Ashley is that type of guy and it's nice to see he isn't. Very classy.

Dave

Extremely impressive move by Ashley, I hope Melanie has a wonderful season, and hope Mike gets his funding, he made such an impact on the class in such a short amount of time, definitely deserves to be out there.

Hooray!
What a class act Mike Ashley is.
Just awesome, just awesome.

I hope us fans can return the favor by $upporting the sponsor.

Whoa..what a CLASS ACT! I have never thought much about Mike Ashley either way. Usually cheered for someone else although I had nothing negative in my perception of his operation. NO LONGER..I now have a very positive perception and will pull for his operation in ALMOST every race. Too bad Lucas didn't understand about teamwork. I am impressed by this.

smart move, putting talented female in FC, steal some
of ashley f.'s limelight, create probable melanie/ashley matchup,
and provide maximum exposure for new & existing sponsors.
i think mike will be a player long term, just as with his business,
and he makes the smart decisions to achieve those ends.

Thanks to everyone for all the positive feedback. It's a great example of how life can throw you curveballs and you can still hit a grandslam. You just have to swing the bat. To many of all of us put the bat down. Roger is a great guy and really stepped in to preserve our team. I call it Divine Intervention, but the reality is you just have to have unconditional faith in GD and yourself. I'm most happy for our wonderful team and now our wide open future. Don't worry about me driving. I get my thrills from building a great team and a great drag race organization. I believe with Roger and our existing team we will be around nagging Force, Schumacher and the rest of the big boys for a long time to come.

I want to reiterate my love, admiration and appreciation for Evan, Latrell and the enitre TORCO organization. It's unfortunate that things ended as they did but they were terrific sponsors and human beings for the last 3 years. They gave myself and many of us out here the chance to live a dream. :)

Expect to Win,

Mike Ashley

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back