Mansfield delayed until 2008 (1 Viewer)

Not a great beginning to the season for the IHRA. First, they are really late in getting their sponsors set up then, one track comes apart when they start racing on it, and now another can't be built on time. Neither were really within their control, but certainly doesn't help them in their search for credibility. Hopefully the rest of the season goes much smoother for them. Personally, I hope Evan Knoll takes ownership of the sanctioning body and helps take them to the next level.:cool:

sounds like gasps of air as your drownding. first ,announcing a new track on the schedule, then announcing you have a sponsor for the alky cars. 2 races later, no alky sponsor named yet, and a track is still a year off. whats next, glug glug.

sounds like gasps of air as your drownding. first ,announcing a new track on the schedule, then announcing you have a sponsor for the alky cars. 2 races later, no alky sponsor named yet, and a track is still a year off. whats next, glug glug.

was it chicken little who said... 'the sky is falling'?

Five more weekends in the NHRA's corner will not help with the fuel car counts in IHRA either.
Ye of little faith!
:)

Five more weekends in the NHRA's corner will not help with the fuel car counts in IHRA either.
Ye of little faith!
:)

It would be my contention that if the growth of the NHRA isnt measured carefully we could see an influx of quality cars on the IHRA tour due to the rising costs associated with running the NHRA tour. There are several sponsors now that are considered to be "low end" players in the world of NHRA and may not be able to pony up the extra cash to run the extra events.

My personal opinion is that there may be a huge opportunity for the IHRA to grow its national event series and associated media at a very quick rate should the circumstances permit and if they are prepared to spend the money and stick their necks out a little to do so.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back