Ashely Force to race Funny Car in 2007 (1 Viewer)

Thank God for today's announcement! What a complete and total shock. I had NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO idea that Ashley Force was going to run FC this year. Never saw it coming. How did this happen???????

On what planet did anyone expect her not to run FC this year? This was inevitable. In all seriousness, I wish her luck and hope she is ready for her sake and the driver in the other lane.

Kurt

The girl is going to be on a learning curve. Haven't we all tho. Should be Danica, uh I mean Ashley mania. Should be good for drag racing as a whole by attracting more women. <---------woo hoo!!!!!:D

I`m just hoping she whips up on Capps. Lord knows her Dad has a tough enough time with Ron (`cept for the Finals last year of course).
Is there a chance Capps shot your favorite and only dog, then ran over the cat and flushed the goldfish?:p
(see page 2)
BTW, you get a breakfast burrito courtesy of me at el merendero for last season's championship
Can collect your winnings Sat. morn of the winters:cool:

Last edited:
The girl is going to be on a learning curve. Haven't we all tho. Should be Danica, uh I mean Ashley mania. Should be good for drag racing as a whole by attracting more women. <---------woo hoo!!!!!:D

Is there a chance Capps shot your favorite and only dog, then ran over the cat and flushed the goldfish?:p
(see page 2)
BTW, you get a breakfast burrito courtesy of me at el merendero for last season's championship
Can collect your winnings Sat. morn of the winters:cool:
Hey Paul, lets meet up at El Merendero on Friday morning, if you`re going that day...we`re going to be cooking breakfast Sat and Sun morning out in the parking lot.

PS: Shirt should be shipped out by the weekend Chris. Thanks for playing!
Appreciate it Steve...I might have to go by the Brut pit Friday morning, wearing my 14 time Champ Force shirt, eating my El Merendero breakfast burrito and thank Ron personally for my good fortune. On second thought...nah.

Jory: Most pilots prefere a manual lever for chutes as the push button set-up is pnematic assisted and a bubble of air in the line could send the chute out prematurely.

Yeah I had heard that Terry and I think we saw some examples of that early last season when a car would shake hard or get crossed up and the chute would pop loose.

For those of you wondering why Ashley didnt go to TAFC instead of A/Fuel dragster, go read on comp plus the transcript of the media day yesterday.

Justin.....I do not have time to read the entire script as you do. Can you fill us in w/ the info being a JFR 'FAN'???

Maybe you could clean her visor?

It doesn't take a degree in rocket science to sniff out the John Force haters, does it? What I can't understand is how one's dislike for John translates into a desire to see his daughter fail?

Will she make the typical rookie mistakes? I suspect she will since she's human - but I suspect that her career will be long enough and successful enough to leave such detractors in near misery?

Welcome to the new face of drag racing! Go get 'em Ashley!

Justin.....I do not have time to read the entire script as you do. Can you fill us in w/ the info being a JFR 'FAN'???

Maybe you could clean her visor?

Terry, if you want to know what it says then read it, and as far as cleaning her visor, I would be willing to donate my superior visor whiping skills.

Yes indeed this was quite a surprise announcement - I didn't see this one coming at all... :rolleyes:

But seriously, I wish Ashley luck and hope she has an enjoyable 1st season in FC. Of course, I'm hoping that Capps knocks off ALL the JFR cars - nothing personal but I've gotta cheer for the underdog. I think it's great that she'll be in FC this year. I was hoping she would go since I'm never sure if I'll be able to make it to Seattle EVERY year so now I'll be able to see her in FC live and in person without worrying about possibly missing her. It'll be a great year!

Hey Paul, lets meet up at El Merendero on Friday morning, if you`re going that day...we`re going to be cooking breakfast Sat and Sun morning out in the parking lot.

I gotta work Friday.
Maybe Sat or Sun we can grab lunch or something.
See ya there:cool:

Historicaly, I'm not a huge JFR fan; but I believe her running it through the lights for that 1st session at Pomona is a very significant event for our sport. She's not the first to do it; and won't be the last. But I sincerely wish them well.
I would assume Shirley Muldowney, Bunny Burkett, Cristen Powell, Vicky Fanning and Della Woods all wish her well.:)

Wow, this is already getting big exposure..

I got home from work, signed on to AOL, and the first thing that pops up on the welcome screen is a picture of Ashley, and the main aritcle "Legend, Daughter to race eachother."

Pretty cool. :cool:

Paul you sure that didn't have something to do with your "ASHLEY" watch set up...lol....

yeah it is every where.... for her sake i hope she does well.. you know there are people that will rip a new one if she has trouble of any kind.. even if teh car breaks it will be all her...

Billy

Didn't see the article yet, Jory, but will check back.

My apologies about the article not being posted yet to anyone who wanted to read it! I guess my old buddy TJ fell asleep at the keyboard down there!! :D But seriously he's been putting in some long hours working on a new design for the site that he's hoping to debut on Monday. Were both putting this stuff together in our spare time so we appreciate the support.

Thanks to everyone!

That all sounds good, but it's complete nonsense to me.

Not sure what youre gettin at here Tony?? If youre referring to the fact that she chose the A/Fuel car over the Funny Car then I hear ya. I think an arguement could be made either way on that one for sure. My dad and I went back and forth on that topic for quite some time. However that is how Ashley justified it when I asked that question of her during the teleconference.

Hope that clears things up a little bit for ya?

And for everyone else the article is now up...I love feedback on this stuff too because I am very new to the writing game. And dont be afraid to hurt my feelings because I believe all feedback is good feedback if you take it constructively and use it to make you better at what youre doing.

Thanks again to everyone for their support of the site!

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back