As the worm turns..... (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
Quadra Racing Pro Stock will be running Mustangs in 2020. Jerry Haas is building the cars. My thinking is that if the Mustangs prove to be quicker & faster, you may see a Pro Mustang eliminator instead of Pro Camaro - all Chevy powered. Hmmmm..........

I just believe regardless of aero, people will pay attention to something that is not a Camaro. You will notice an apple in a bucket of oranges.

read this the other day. anyone know who quadras are hiring to help them with their engines?

read this the other day. anyone know who quadras are hiring to help them with their engines?

My guess, and I emphasize the word, "guess" would be Ferri. When the one Cuadra boy was in Indy with the lone Mustang of the group he was in Tucker's pit with Ferri. When I asked about why the one Cuadra was there and not with the others, a guy told me that it was because of the body. KB couldn't be associated with that car because of that.

Not saying that's all fact, but that's what he said.

Sean D

thanks for that great interview joe costello......couple thoughts
- PS is a whole different animal rite now, than the class as it went from 24 to 18 nat. events. lot of investment into class. i wonder if anyone saw this coming, either nhra or kb/elite?
- captain kaos, who was primarily PS, but did a stint with sunoco TF'r, is making huge investment with KB for his son. sounds like there was not enough room under KB umbrella for everyone?
- new shop just up the hwy from mooresville, nc (kb racing)
- hoping to see all or part of quadra team @ big orlando race next month (along with other new teams for kb and elite; wondering if bruno mite drive there?)
- when he started talking about F1 guy and areas of development, the first item he hit on was header development. not surprising.
did not have a chance to listen to entire interview; i'm assuming they are using GM blocks for the ford bodies? seems like there mite be one dominating block out there rite now that
the rest of the engine is based around?
.......have to admit, as a KB fan, i'll be routing for this new cuadra team to succeed. major investment in PS taking place. totally impressed.

Last edited:
Quadra Racing Pro Stock will be running Mustangs in 2020. Jerry Haas is building the cars. My thinking is that if the Mustangs prove to be quicker & faster, you may see a Pro Mustang eliminator instead of Pro Camaro - all Chevy powered. Hmmmm..........

According to the entry list the two Cuadra Mustangs will be Ford powered.

According to the entry list the two Cuadra Mustangs will be Ford powered.
you are rite seth, the entry list does say 'ford 500'.....can anyone shed some light on just what make and model of block those mustangs will be running?

Nick posts at YellowBullet pretty often. Someone could ask him directly. Pretty sure I saw somewhere that he will definitely be providing engines for them.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back