Are you enjoying the fishing!!! (1 Viewer)

yeah this sucks, i set my dvd to record because i work sunday nites then they replay it again hours later while im still at work, great . kinda used to it now but still pisses me off.

I don't know about tivo since I don't have it, but with my VCR and DVD recorder, I set them for an additional 30 minutes, sometimes an hour depending on what precedes the race. I record every event and haven't missed one yet ----- except for the Finals in Pomona, it was 2003 I think. That's when they ran over & ESPN didn't show the final rounds (PSB final may have been shown, but that was it). They haven't done this since though.

How long was the delay? I always add 30 minutes to my dvr recording. Y'all might want to try that next time. :)

Bass fishing seems to pay a lot better than drag racing! $250,000

I was thinking the exact same thing when I heard a quarter million!

Is it Bill Dance that wears the Tennesse Hat?
Growing up my best friend couldn't get enough of his fishing program on the weekends, he lived for it. I like to fish, but never could get into watching someone else do it. These guys now-a-days seem to really get pumped up about it, the fans as well. I guess with that much money up for grabs I could get pumped too.:D

OK, Now I'm gonna be pissed for I have it on tivo. I cant wait to watch it & see what I missed.

Mike: I TiVo all of the races. I usually watch them live but have it set to record just in case I am out or get busy. I have started ALWAYS setting it up to record 1/2 hour extra. If I am watching live I just cancel the recording but if not I am safe in the event that it runs over.

Edit: Sorry... others covered that. I hadn't read the entire thread.

I wonder if those awaiting the annual induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame were bothered by seeing the finals as we ran over our time as we seemed to be by the fishermen in their biggest tournament of the year?

Didn't bother me and I don't fish.
Excellent point Bobby
15 minutes never hurt anyone... At least we got all 3 hours... A little reminder to those who set thier VCR... Yeah some of us are still stuck with that ole contraption... I set mine for 4 hours for just a situation like this... Thank goodness it was'nt college basketball with 2 minutes left... I would have run out of tape for sure... lol :eek:

I saw a great T-Shirt in Ketchikan, Alaska last week:

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day and drink beer.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back