Another Stellar Season for Quain Stott Drag Racing (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]DALLAS (November 09, 2009) - For the second year in a row, Quain Stott put an exclamation point on the season ending ADRL event in Dallas. Stott piloted his 1963 LeeBoy Equipment split-window Corvette to the number 1 qualifying spot and raced his way into the final round. Stott fell short of victory by just .0215 seconds. His opponent Alex Hossler scored his first victory.

In semi-final action, Stott recorded a new personal best when he clocked in at the end of his eighth mile pass at 206.07 MPH (He also lowered his personal best e.t to 3.74 seconds the previous race in Rockingham). While Stott reeled off 3.7 second passes all through eliminations, he knows he let one get away in the final round. "Alex (Hossler) had been running strong all day," Stott said. "We stepped up the power for that final run. It was the right call, I just missed my shift point."

"I like driving the car - I like having my name on the side of the door," Stott chuckled. "Some of these cars should have the name of the electronics manufacture where the drivers name goes. I might lose a round here or there because I refuse to run all of those electronics, but if it says Quain Stott above the door - you can bet I'm driving it."

Stott's first full ADRL season didn't disappoint fans and sponsors as he continued his more than decade long consistency string of top 10 finishes. He completed the season second in points and begins the 2010 season right where he left off with the Dallas Runner-up. Stott also continues to dot the ADRL record book. His name can be found under Career Wins (4, tied for 2nd best), Career Finals (7, 4th best), Career Winning Percentage (.700, 2nd best)and the ongoing qualifying streak of 10 races in a row.

"Of course we would have loved to win the championship and the "Battle of the Belts", but we had another great year," Stott said. "We owe that success to LeeBoy Equipment and all of our sponsors. I'm ready to do it again!"

Quain Stott Drag Racing partners with high performance companies like, LeeBoy Equipment, Hoosier Racing Tires, NGK Spark Plugs, Auto Meter, Amalie Oil, Santhuff Shocks, Fulton Race Engines and Spartan Crank Shafts.

To learn more about Quain Stott Drag Racing, visit Quain Stott Drag Racing - LeeBoy Corvette.

photo used with permission © Roger Richards

Attachments

• DSB_3375.jpg
    DSB_3375.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 83
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back