Another prayer request (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
A friend of mine, Donna Olster, sent me the following email. Some of you may remember Donna and Al Olster from the Super Stock days in the 70s. Al ran a car called "One Step Beyond"... had a Jenkins motor.

Please keep Donna in your thoughts and prayers. She has been suffering with rhumatoid arthritis for years and her feet and hands have been affected the most. Her feet no longer face ahead, but rather to the sides, making it difficult for her to walk. She is a teacher and is still working.

"Hi Jackee,
I was scheduled to have foot reconstruction surgery on June 6. Pre-op
testing,eeg, showed a blip in my heart beat. Echo cardiogram and stress test showed a slight blockage. On June 25 I am scheduled for a heart catherization to see what is causing the irregularity. Don't know about the foot anymore. It was to have been a 3 month recovery and after the 25th a whole month is lost. Please keep me in
your thoughts and prayers.

Love Donna"

Jackee

"

Thanks everyone for your prayers for Donna. She's understandably apprehensive. She appreciates your thoughts and prayers.

The more prayers the better.

My thoughts and prayers are with the entire family and friends.

Al Olster

Yes, Donna has been in considerable pain for many years, but was looking forward to the reconstructive surgery for some eventual relief. Right now, she's just scared about the blockage, quite naturally, even though this procedure is quite common. It's the fear of the unknown that get us.

Thanks for the picture of Al, Greg and Stepper. Ah, the good old days. Feels like it was a couple of weeks ago instead of decades. :( ;)

I spoke with Al the night of Donna's procedure and Donna last night and am happy to let everyone know that no blockage was found. She just has an abnormal heartbeat, which could have been there her whole life.

She, and I thank you for your thoughts and prayers for Donna and her family.

She will now reschedule her foot reconstructive surgery. "Her" plan was to have it done as soon as school let out for the summer, so she would have that time to recooperate so she could return to school on time in the Fall. However, the preadmission tests brought up this heart blockage possibility and that has pushed her back a few weeks.

I told Donna of a bumper sticker I'd seen recently which read

Man Plans
God Laughs

We both admitted that those four words pretty well sums it up, and had our own laugh. I guess we will never be disappointed if we learn to do things in God's time instead of our own. LOL

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back