Angie McBride will race at St. Louis, thanks to Haltech, XXX Racing Fuels (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Haltech Engine Management Systems, XXX Racing Fuel to co-sponsor Angie McBride’s Pro Stock Buell at St. Louis

Angie McBride will be among the Pro Stock Motorcycle riders seeking a starting berth in the 13th annual O’Reilly NHRA Midwest Nationals at Gateway International Raceway in Madison , Ill. , May 1-3, thanks to co-sponsorship from Haltech Engine Management Systems and XXX Racing Fuel.

“We are very excited because this was unexpected,” said McBride. “I was prepared not to race, but Matthew (Smith, her fiancé and team owner) talked with Steve Nichols at Haltech and Thomas Goss at XXX Racing Fuels and they were able to put something together for this race.”

“Haltech Engine Management Systems, in conjunction with XXX Racing Fuel, is proud to announce the co-sponsorship of the Haltech XXX Buell, driven by Angie McBride,” said Nichols. “This is our first foray into pro motorsports as far as a sponsor is concerned. We are a supplier to a lot of race teams and we will be interested to see how our dealers and the public respond to the sponsorship.”

McBride plans to compete at selected Full Throttle Racing Series events this season on the same Buell Smith rode to four race victories in 2008. This will be McBride’s third 2009 race. She recorded personal performance bests in her first race at Gainesville , Fla. , when she qualified fourth and ran 6.963 seconds at 189.50 mph. She advanced to the quarterfinals.

“I’m excited to be able to race at St. Louis because Matthew has done really, really well there (runner-up in 2008, winner in 2007 and No. 1 qualifier in 2007-8), and I get to ride the bike he’s done so well there this weekend,” said McBride. “We have some good motors we’re taking to St. Louis .

“We started really well at Gainesville but our last race (at Atlanta ) wasn’t so good because we had transmission problems. That’s drag racing. You just have to put those problems behind you and learn from your mistakes. That’s what we’ve done.”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back