Angie McBride goes to semifinals at Midwest Nationals (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Angie McBride had an impressive Sunday, riding into the semifinals of the O’Reilly Midwest Nationals at Gateway International Raceway. She defeated Matt Guidera and Hector Arana before losing to eventual race winner Eddie Krawiec in the Full Throttle Drag Racing Series.

It was the third time the driver from King, N.C., was a semifinalist, and her first on the Haltech/XXX Racing Fuels Buell. Her first two came at Dallas and Memphis last season.

“Overall, it was a very good weekend,” said McBride, who qualified sixth. “I was happy with the way (crew chief) Robbie (East) was tuning the bike Sunday and he was happy with my driving.”

She didn’t get an opportunity to challenge Krawiec for her first final-round appearance because he had a perfect .000-second reaction time and never looked back. He was timed in 6.955 seconds at 187.63 mph to her .036 reaction and a 6.731-second, 186.43-mph quarter-mile lap.

“It is tough to win when the person in the other lane goes triple-0 at the line,” McBride said. “My .036 wasn’t a bad light; it’s just that his was perfect. And we’re still looking for our first final round.”

She began eliminations with a .021 reaction and a 7.001 at 186.20 to beat Matt Guidera’s .107, 7.039 at 188.75 and equaled her qualifying time of 6.958 second en route to a quarterfinal win over a red-lighting Hector Arana.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back